thinking about buying a sprinter

Mcolabella

Thanks advance

I am new to this forum,

I am looking into purchasing a sprinter for my business, not new but used and I have a few questions

1) what year('s) to look at and to stay away from

2)How many miles is to much

3) any known issues

4) drive train

5) service cost I hear they are expensive

plcpitt

Welcome to the forum. Use the Search option (between the New Posts and Quick Links headings) near the top of the page to look for past posts on purchasing a Sprinter.

We have not put a lot of miles on our recently purchased Sprinter RV (2007 Roadtrek SS Agile on 2006 chassis) but are very happy with it. The 5 cylinder engine without the newer emissions equipment is much simpler. A lot of posts on this forum are from people having problems but many people drive their Sprinters without significant troubles.

Good luck with your research. Please post more specific questions as they arise. A lot of knowledgeable people (Icarus, sailquik, lindenengineering, etc.) are great resources.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
1. Every year has it's advantages and disadvantages, depends on what you want
2. In my opinion 400,000 miles is too much but those with 800,00 may disagree
3 If service or maintenance was performed with proper fluids there are few issues
4 2.7L 5 gets slightly better fuel mileage
5. Self service or DIY is nearly half that of most dealers, and if you are not mechanically inclined make sure your nearest dealer is fluent in Sprinter maintenance

Most important thing to do is read the threads here on what to look for in buying a Sprinter. Like this one:
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5174&highlight=tips+buying+sprinter

Last edited:

Top Bottom