PDA

View Full Version : Approved Pre Mixed Coolant?

SullyVan
08-14-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm wondering if you all might know of an approved pre-mix coolant brand i can use to top off official
mb dealer coolant in my 2005 t1n?

I'm on the road and need a pre mix.

skydiver007
08-15-2013, 03:30 AM
zerex G05 sold at Napa

seans
08-15-2013, 04:52 AM
I also use Zerex G-05 but it is not pre-mixed. That is simple enough, though: get some distilled water at the store and mix away. The Zerex can be pretty tough to find - you may need to call around. I had a really tough time finding some on the road this summer when I needed it. Locally I get mine at Carquest.

SullyVan
08-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll just get the G05 an do the distilled water mix. Found some at NAPA the other day, but thought i maybe able to wait on some premix.

Aqua Puttana
08-15-2013, 01:34 PM
I also use Zerex G-05 but it is not pre-mixed. That is simple enough, though: get some distilled water at the store and mix away. The Zerex can be pretty tough to find - you may need to call around. I had a really tough time finding some on the road this summer when I needed it. Locally I get mine at Carquest.
It seems to be stock for the NAPA stores I've been in, but I've also found that it is not necessarily an on the shelf item for many parts store. I've yet to see it in any of the big box stores. I've never noticed any pre-mix anywhere, (edit) but I don't often get to Canada. See below. :cheers:

vic

Andyandyandy
08-15-2013, 02:30 PM
It's rare for us to have better selection in Canada, but I have a jug of G-05 50/50 premixed. Part#M505841, gold coloured jug. I got it from an independent parts place, but I think it must exist in the U.S. as well.

Andy

skydiver007
08-15-2013, 02:45 PM
The Napa store where I live, Wake Forest NC has the 50/50 blend on the shelf. There are 4 of us Sprinter nuts within 10 miles so I think they keep it. Went in once to see if they had it and he asked if I just called because someone else with a Sprinter did, wasn't me, but they do have it at NAPA

I have not seen it anywhere else but someone mentioned Pep Boys.

Boatman
08-15-2013, 07:15 PM
I bought a gallon of the Zerex G-05 50/50 at NAPA last week it was all I saw and I was in a hurry. Had to go there this morning after reading this thread and looked agin.... no straight. At the counter I asked and they told me no one wants to pay the price for the straight so they don't stock it.... this is a regional distribution center.

I guess people would rather pay extra for the convenience of premix even though the straight is a better bang for the buck

NelsonSprinter
08-16-2013, 10:02 PM
It's rare for us to have better selection in Canada, but I have a jug of G-05 50/50 premixed. Part#M505841, gold coloured jug. I got it from an independent parts place, but I think it must exist in the U.S. as well.

Andy

I was happily surprised to find Zerex G5 at my local Wal-Mart, 50/50 only