PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure codes

ionlyski
08-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Hello,
I have an ongoing thread concerning limp home mode but after visiting dealer I thought it best to start a new one. Here's what they said they found but some of their descriptions contradict other sources I found.

They came up with 17 codes of which they described 4 of them as probably relevant to my problem.

ECM
2639 -Fuel Rail pressure delivery
2637-Fuel Rail pressure delivery
2197 -Hi pressure pump open circuit
2025-Intake manifold pressure sensor-voltage too low or load pressure too low.

When I googled these codes some were a little different, like 2025 talked about O2 sensors.

Anyway they want $2890 to replace injection pump/transfer pump and fuel quality solenoid.

Once again to reiterate, vehicle went into low power mode immediately after refueling during a trip. Vehicle was running nicely for nearly entire trip, stopped for my last refuel, drove from station and low power mode began with the warning symbol.

Does any of this sound right? I want to work on it myself if I can replace required parts but I'm not convinced these components are bad. Any other advice?

Thanks,

cbass1985
08-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I tend to K.I.S.S. .... keep it simple stupid before i roll into the high dollar parts, start with a simple $40 fuel filter, if the filter is clogged it wont give the amount of fuel the high pressure pump needs to keep you going and put the truck in limp mode ... seen it happen after getting bad fuel. and the high pressure pump isnt all that bad to replace if you have an E12 socket, 3inch extension screw drivers and hose clamps you can do it in your drive way oh and a 17mm line wrench

Aqua Puttana
08-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Hello,
I have an ongoing thread concerning limp home mode but after visiting dealer I thought it best to start a new one. ...
What advantage is there to starting another thread. All I see that doing is getting repeat information over the 4 page thread you already have here.

Limp mode after refueling

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27744

Put the new information there. Why lose the continuity?

Your first reply here is to change the fuel filter. You said you already did that in the other thread.

vic

ionlyski
08-08-2013, 11:13 PM
OK sorry Aqua. I guess I'm just over reacting due to stress. Yes, I did change the fuel filter and he would have had no way of knowing that, as you point out, it's in the other thread. I will only post there now.

Arne