sprinter grill conversion

Ovalmaster

Can anyone let me know if Rudy from AZ is still putting together and selling grill conversion kits?
I've been putting this off for a long time, but now want to do it.

Contact info or website is appreciated as well

Thanks

aa9zz

I have the Freightliner grill and two sides available for sale if that is what you mean. It's from a 2010 3500.

Mib4840

Ovalmaster, I just bought my grill, grommets, valance & badge at Schumacher Mercedes and it cost me just over $230. I will look for my invoice and give you an exact price if you want me to. I spoke to Matthew in the parts dept. I just picked up the valance from Raintree Autobody today and it cost $134 for paint.

T.J.T

I did the same, bought from a MB dealer it was 200 and something.

Funny, I decided I wanted to plasti dip the valance because my hood and above the window are showing rock chips, and I was planning on plasti dipping those as well.

White plasti dip with a clear coat is a SPOT ON match to the while color of my 2008 dodge. Keep in mind its a diffrent finish, but it was 30 bucks to "paint" the valance ;)

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
And. Does anyone have any pictures of a Dodge to MB full badge conversion?
Here's the front of mine. No pics of the back MB emblem, but you will need both the MB 'star' and the surround if you have the glass rear doors. Not sure about the solid doors swap.

I also forgot to have the body shop remove the 'Powered by Mercedes' badges on the front fenders.

Attachments

Electrician

Diesel and Electrons
That looks great. Not only the MB star, but the grill kit without all of the chrome like my current Dodge setup. Thanks for the tip on the rear door start surround (I have glass).

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
That looks great. Not only the MB star, but the grill kit without all of the chrome like my current Dodge setup. Thanks for the tip on the rear door start surround (I have glass).
I forgot to mention that you will also need some (5) grommets for the MB valance. The MB grill 'slots' into holes in the valance. For some reason the grommets come separate. The grill will rattle &/or vibrate without the grommets. There are a number of threads on the forum with detailed instructions on the grill swap, as well as Youtube videos:

http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15898

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZFtm7fZZ3w

Last edited:

Electrician

Diesel and Electrons
Cool. Thanks. Any tips on where to find the best deal on 2008 grill conversion, steering wheel emblem and back door w/glass emblem? I've been checking around, and it looks like ebay with shipping from the UK is the best deal(s) so far. Would appreciate the feedback.

Top Bottom