Buying a higher mileage sprinter?

Hi....
I'm Looking out for an NCV3 here In the UK.....have seen a few within my budget, around the 140-160k mileage range. 2008 year, 311, manual models.
Any advice on what to look for at these miles?....
Or am I mad for considering to buy at these miles?

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
I wouldn't let the miles put you off one Mark, just check it has verifiable service history (preferably with a main dealer). Go through the history records and see what oil has been used. Some companies will intentionally use the wrong cheaper oil, as they're only concerned with costs over a few years and not durability. If you can get a code reader or the seller will agree to having a short test (diagnostic plug in) at a Mercedes-Benz dealership all the better.

A contingency fund isn't a bad thing, DPFs aren't cheap.

Other than that it's just the usual things to check for when buying a vehicle. Around 150,000 miles really shouldn't be a concern for a genuine vehicle.

Thanks Simon, that's reassuring to hear anyway:).
To be Honest, it'll probably be an ex courier, or delivery type company vehicle, they seem to be common, and can pick them up pretty cheap.
So should be serviced/maintained regardless. Would just hope they use correct oil grade tho.
Appreciate your input:)

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
The trouble with engines run on the wrong oil is that they don't recover from it, even if you subsequently use the correct low SAPS stuff. A courier van not on multi drop use could be a good buy. Be interested to read how you get on!

Top Bottom