Rooftop AC Placement on a 140 WB Cargo Van

Coast2Coast

2006 158 Cargo
Where is the best spot to put the ac on a 140 wheelbase model Sprinter? I was planning on putting it in the middle section of the roof. Total of 5 sections split up on a 140 wheel base t1n. :hmmm:

The unit I'm going to purchase was recommended by other forum members and is the coleman mach 3 PS weighs 90lbs

I presume a steel roof on yours. You could search for some OEM units on similar Sprinters to see where they place them. My inclination would be to use the vent square on the roof which is molded in to the steel roof. vic

Snarl

04 2500 short
Mine is mounted right above the slider door and has not given me any problem.I have a Coleman too.

jmoller99

Own a DAD ODB2 Unit.
There is really only one place to put it - the roof position is related to the way the roof sheet metal is stamped. The 158 WB has 2 of areas set up for AC units (or roof vents), but the 118 and 140 WB Sprinters only have one place. The location should be obvious to who ever is installing the AC.

BirdmanHDvan

I'm not so sure you have to put it right in the center.

My roof on the 158" has quite a bit of competition going on.

First, I need a platform to film from. So I am about to complete a roof rack system, including a treaded grid 48" square. That is in the rear- closest to the ladder.

Then, moving forward, I am placing a Maxx Fan and a Coleman AC side by side. This is the only way to leave enough room forward for the 2 solar panels - 59"x26.3 each. One critical factor is the shadow on any of the cells in the 240 watt solar panels so I've allowed nearly a foot in between so the 14" AC is at least I am also planning how to raise portions of the panels to elevate the lowest sections above the "normal shadow zones".

Break the rules ! :tongue:

Tim

Top Bottom