AGM battery

Marine/squid

My AGM battery, Napa Speciality, in my winnebago era 2012 has drained down somewhat from accidentally leaving my house battery switch on. The battery is a 2011. I have plugged the coach in to the land line for the past five days and the battery is still not up to full charge. The house battery (1) on the winnebago era 2012 is located behind the passenger side rear wheel and is not user friendly to remove. I will probably have to remove the battery to bring it up to full charge. Any Ideas from the group would be appreciated.:thinking:

lindenengineering

To effectively charge an AGM battery you need a specific charger for AGM batteries.
OK don't have one!
Simple.
Connect a regular lead acid battery in parallel with your AGM and charge it on a trickle.
Works every time!
Dennis

Marine/squid

I took the battery out and now Napa is trying to recharge the AGM. I am wondering if it is not my charging system being faulty for on the switch that turns my house battery off I have to trigger it a couple of times to turn off for it does not turn off each time.:thinking:

Marine/squid

After getting the battery back from Napa and they advising that the battery was good to go and full charged the test panel is still reading 2/3 full. I Don't have a clue what is going on. Like I previously advised when you throw the switch to turn the house batteries off and on that sometimes the off switch does not engage and the battery stays on. Any feedback on what could be causing the problem would be appreciated. thx

Last edited:

icarus

There is a probably. Battery isolator relay that once you turn the battery off, may hold some voltage for a bit so that you might read some voltage at the monitor for a while. Cheap battery monitors are not very good at really gauging batter SoC. Read the above linked battery FAQs for more info about how to determine battery condition.

Icarus

Marine/squid

Napa put the battery on a AGM charger and they advised it was at full charge. I don't know the number. thx for the feedback

Top Bottom