turbo problems!! i need help!!

06dually

I have a 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2.7. I am having problems with my turbo. When I first turn on the engine my turbo will work for a very short timebefore it begins to lag. Then when I shut the engine off pull out my key and then turn engine on again my turbo will work again for a short time....maybe a minute or so or just a. Couple of accelerations.

My resonator is good and my hoses appear to be good also.

What are the possible problems??

Dingo

EGR sticking open & allowing boost to be wasted into exhaust , would be my most likely cause . When you switch off , it resets . The egr valve works two ways at tick over the vacuum created by the engine draws exhaust into the inlet , SO under boost it can leak away down the exhaust causing lack of power.

Also check that your MAF / MAP sensor in the inlet system is oil free & clean , dirt will cause a misread & something that feels like LHM

skydiver007

DRB III Owner If You Need
Couple of things to check. Turbo actuator arm, does it move freely. Lubricate it and see if that fixes it. Resonator can leak even if you think it is good. Look for oil around it. Check all hoses for leaks. Worst case, intercooler could be leaking, that is what I had one time, intercooler had cracks and was leaking.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
My resonator is good and my hoses appear to be good also.
How have you tested the resonator?
If the seam is leaking, it's not necessarily a visible issue.

("replaced it with the aluminum tube" would be an acceptable answer... assuming the O-ring went on the new part)

--dick

icarus

Go buy or borrow a scan gauge or scan tool, and measure the turbo boost. IOU can also scan for simple codes. My guess is EGR.

Icarus

Top Bottom