Which Fuses?

sailquik

OK, 2012 NCV3 170" WB short back high top.
Somehow, during a routine 20K service....my Sound 5 radio has stopped working.
It's like no power is getting to the radio at all.
I looked in the Fuse Allocation Supplement (FAS) manual and it suggests the radio is on the #10
fuse in the F55/2 fuse block.
I pulled that fuse and the fuse checks good 0.001 Ohms, but I replaced it anyway with another tested fuse what read 0.000 Ohms.
Also pulled the # 13 fuse up in the main fuse box that the FAS suggests may feed the radio.
Replaced that one as well with another 15 A 0.000 Ohms tested fuse.
Are there any other fuses that might cause the Sound 5 radio to lose power?
Is there an inline fuse up near the radio, or a fuse somewhere on the radio?
Thanks,
Roger

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Don't forget that the CANbus has a vote as to whether or not the OEM NCV3 radio operates.

There are not any "in-line" fuses, but the connector on the back of the radio could've gotten nudged
(or who-knows-what intermediate connectors)

--dick

Last edited:

sailquik

dick,
Yeah, I guess I should have turned around and gone back and put the dealer techs to work getting the radio back online.
I had some weekend plans and they seemed to win over turning around and going 60 miles back to the dealer.
Of course it's summer time and I hit the Wash DC beltway at the wrong time so I spent most of the afternoon sitting in 93 deg. F on
I-95 in Northern VA.
I did call the service writer and talked to the tech and he said it could need to be re booted to the CAN Bus system with the MB SDS,
or the radio had simply died.
The tech said nothing that he did should have affected the radio or it's connections.
Talked to the salesman, and it's still under warranty, he said they have had a couple of Sound 5's just die, so either way I'm covered, just need to drive the 180 miles next week to get it
repaired, then 440 miles back to the beach.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
One of my references also cites fuse 16 in block 2 (same block as fuse 10)
It's 10 amps, and feeds the CD changer (if you have one).

It also mentions that Block 2 is the TOP row (but that's probably obvious from the owner's manual)

...and, if i'm reading the owner's manual correctly, fuses 10 and 16 are also on the firewall, behind the same cover that hides the OBD connector.... NOT among the fuses on the side of the driver's seat.

--dick

Last edited:

sailquik

Dick,
Your fuse locations are impeccable! Right on.
I will have a look at # 16 tomorrow!
Nope, not #16... and there is nothing in #18. I guess it's back up to the dealer with this issue.
Nice that it's covered under warranty.
Thks!
Roger

Last edited:

Top Bottom