View Full Version : What is this part?

06-16-2013, 05:11 PM
I have looked through the PDF manual that I have and can't seem to find it. Its been cracked for a while and is getting bad dropping oil outside the engine causing smoke to come into the cab.

Anybody now what it is called or what the part number is?

I am pretty sure its part of the EGR recycle loop.

06-16-2013, 06:09 PM
That black plastic block box arrangement--????
Engine breather oil separator labyrinth system; bolted to the top cover and forms part of the engine breather outlet (to turbo inlet) that you can observe terminating at the round diaphragm chamber.

Take care with it when removing to reseal, its a spendy item if you break it.

06-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Ah ... It's already broken on the big part in back and its leaking oil all over the side of the motor.

06-16-2013, 06:38 PM
JB Weld time? (again?)


06-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Yeah I have already changed the to-do from "replace" to "pull, clean, & try to fix".

JB Weld time? (again?)


06-16-2013, 06:53 PM
Rather than use JB weld , buy a tin of ABS / PVC solvent cement . Wash out the crack/s with carb cleaner , allow it to dry & apply the solvent cement . Hold until the cement has bonded the crack/s .

The use of ABS solvent cement produces a "weld " type joint in the repaired area . JB weld , very good , but it does just sit on the outside of the repair .

06-16-2013, 07:04 PM
That's the part that is supposed to remove the oil vapour from the blowby, but isn't doing it effectively , and is why oil is coating the inside of the intercooler, turbo hoses, EGR and intake manifold, and I suspect why a little blue smoke is seen at startup for 5 seconds.
The breather oil separator, best glued with JB Weld or pay big $$s

06-16-2013, 08:26 PM
JB weld is good--BUT--
Belzona is better by far, it has to be the "Landrover 4x4" of repair adhesives /plastic/ metal menders.

Used in the Oil & Gas business to instantly repair well head leaks, I have a kit in the shop when the need arises.
How good is it you may ask???

Well I repaired a cylinder block back in the late 60's when a leg went out of bed through the block skirt.

Then later a cylinder wall on an Albion Claymore which had the piston pin gauge a big groove half way down the cylinder. With a careful application and daub of this pungent stuff followed by a hone, the tightfisted Scotsman that owned the truck made it back up to the Hebrides and was put zing about in it 5 years a later!
ps for those wonder what is an Albion!

06-17-2013, 04:25 PM
*which* Belzona? They make a range of products.
(1131 for hand-sculptured pillow blocks? and i've been looking for something like 1141 for a while...)

...and now comes the puzzle of finding a local (Seattle) supplier...


06-18-2013, 03:46 PM
I have the part, call me @ 760.622.0148 -Randy