Check Engine Code P229F

brigdisk

Hi Everyone!

I have a check engine light on my 2013 Sprinter and not sure what it relates to. My Scan Guage II is showing code P229F, but can't find nothing online relating to it. I have 8800 miles and due for service soon, I want to make sure this is nothing major so I can have it addressed with I get the 10K service done.

Thanks! Brian

lindenengineering

Well
If the scan guage is accurate but cannot interpret the last digit as a number then it will fall into a transmission fault.

The P229's range coding refers to TCM faults nos 16 thru 21.
Most likely the transmission needs a good service and maybe a circuit board to the speed sensors which are signal compromised.

A "propah" scan with a tool that can interrogate the vehicle will reveal all.
Hope that helps
Dennis

Thinking Yiddish but dressing British:thumbup:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If the scan guage is accurate but cannot interpret the last digit as a number then it will fall into a transmission fault.
You are quite likely correct that the ScanGauge is confused,
but i think the "letters" showing up in the error code number are there because the diagnostic lines are reporting hexadecimal results
(so 0 through 9, then A thru F for "ten", "eleven"... "fifteen" in base-ten-speak)

--dick

lindenengineering

Dick
Hello mate how you doing?
P2294 Fault EGS fault #16 Faults in EGS (tcm) control.
Then it goes thru to 2299 #21.

I scabbed this from my iatn/Mitchel reference; of course it could all be wrong if the scan gauge is "confussed!
Cheers Dennis

autostaretx

Erratic Member
confussed
...and i forgot to mention that ScanGauges are known to be more inaccurate (slightly blind) when reporting NCV3 faults.
("more inaccurate" compared to their reporting of T1N faults).
The ScanGauge should only be taken as a "hint"... and in an NCV3, more of a "you're lucky if it's even in the ballpark" (or "bonnet").

Whereas my ScanGauge has done pretty well on the few (5?) T1N Sprinters i've used it on, it's still not a "real" diagnostic tool.

--dick
p.s. my previous message's comment was only that sometimes (and fairly rarely) the letters do have meaning.
(beyond "i'm befuddled")

Last edited:

Top Bottom