PDA

View Full Version : Broken windshield contest

Jchirchirillo
06-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Road debris Broke mine with 275 miles on the odometer . Any runner ups ?
I Never owned a car that the windshield didn't get smashed in a hurry!

icarus
06-14-2013, 05:24 AM
I'm at 185,000 in my Subaru with lots of mountain driving with lots of sand. It now has lots of pits, and has had a chip or two patched over the years. I keep thinking I will replace it...next spring!

Icarus

SullyVan
06-14-2013, 10:25 AM
I had that happen once.

Now, I don't follow trucks closely and the minute I hear the clicking, ticking sound of sand starting to hit the windshield on any vehicle, I back way of out change lanes.

Once was plenty.

Sprinter SS
06-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Road debris Broke mine with 275 miles on the odometer . Any runner ups ?
I Never owned a car that the windshield didn't get smashed in a hurry!

Picked my brand new Custom ordered sprinter at 4pm on a Tuesday, rock hit 1" side of a pillar at 8:30 next morning on the way to work. Pulled over, Google a safelight franchise, had it filled, by following week it was running again. Dreading having it changed as my last sprinter had rust issues around window frame after the swap around.

RT.SS
06-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Can't beat your record, but ours broke at around 24,000 miles while on a long roadtrip. It started at about an inch long on the mid-top and has migrated to the bottom third of the windshield by the time we got home. AAA covered it with no fuss, minus the deductible of course.

Geek
06-15-2013, 01:25 AM
Mine got broken in the first week.
You beat me on mileage though because I drove my 1680 miles in the first 36 hours I owned it.

:cheers:

thlevy48
06-16-2013, 03:45 AM
I was travelling on I-80 near Vacaville when I took a rock hit that shattered the corner of my windshield. I duct taped it up to get home. After replacing the windshield, I replaced the wiper blades. When I dropped the new drivers side wiper blade on the windshield, it cracked. Windshield lasted maybe 100 miles.

david_42
06-16-2013, 02:21 PM
I replaced a badly pitted windshield on a Honda Civic I used to own, only to have it crack two days later. The installers refused to replace it, even though the crack started at one of the hold-down points below the wipers.