PDA

View Full Version : Nag1 Trans Tech Bulletin Number for "Particles on Sensors" ?

Aircraft Wrench
02-07-2008, 05:09 AM
"Dr A" recently posted about checking or NAGs for metal on a sensor...I sent him a PM and got a response to my question....

Rambling History below.....

Originally Posted by Aircraft Wrench
Dr A:

The Tech alert on the particles post....is there a specific Tech Note number I should alert my dealer???

I have a 2006 2500 that has RSN when in hot weather conditions...not in the current cold here in Northern WI

Thanks!

Jim

jim@aviationvibes.com
Could you kindly post this question on the group site. Others might find it(and answers) of interest. Andy

The story is I was recently in FL with my 2006 2500 144" SHC and experienced RSN very pronounced....when I returned North the RSN went away and at 1 to 20 F is not noticeable at all....The dealer here in Duluth said a TB was issued for 2001-2005 but did not affect the 2006s...

Default Re: Engine light after fuel filter change...
Well...

I picked up the van tonight...all under warranty....it was NOT FUEL RELATED!!!!!!

A temp sensor in the induction system failed and caused the ECU to illuminate the check engine light......also the MAF was changed as it had set a trouble code "a while ago" per the tech....

I met the tech as I was dropping the van off...Mark...we discussed the fuel issue about the "Biomix in IL" and he revealed a issue with Bio....the fuel injectors Piezo feature clogs very easily with carbon/crud that is "Bio" that carbonizes AFTER the engine shuts down....the fuel at the nozzles actually "Cokes" ....he has changed several of injectors with owner admitting to using "excess Bio ratios" That issue probably could use another thread....

I told Mark about my RSN while leaving the van....while in FL on this last trip I experienced RSN quite dramatically and the further North and colder, the less the RSN.....Mark said he reset the "Adaptive" on the TCM (I believe the "Transmission Control Module") He has "Fixed" several "RSN" sprinters from UPS and FedEx by a "reset" and allowing the TCM to relearn the "features of each input sensor......I will be back in FL next month so I'll be "in-tune" for continued RSN or a a lack of RSN.....

Thats my story....and I'm sticking to it!!

Best!

Jim

Altered Sprinter
02-07-2008, 05:51 AM
"Dr A" recently posted about checking or NAGs for metal on a sensor...I sent him a PM and got a response to my question....

Rambling History below.....

Originally Posted by Aircraft Wrench
Dr A:

The Tech alert on the particles post....is there a specific Tech Note number I should alert my dealer???

I have a 2006 2500 that has RSN when in hot weather conditions...not in the current cold here in Northern WI

Thanks!

Jim

jim@aviationvibes.com
Could you kindly post this question on the group site. Others might find it(and answers) of interest. Andy

The story is I was recently in FL with my 2006 2500 144" SHC and experienced RSN very pronounced....when I returned North the RSN went away and at 1 to 20 F is not noticeable at all....The dealer here in Duluth said a TB was issued for 2001-2005 but did not affect the 2006s...

Default Re: Engine light after fuel filter change...
Well...

I picked up the van tonight...all under warranty....it was NOT FUEL RELATED!!!!!!

A temp sensor in the induction system failed and caused the ECU to illuminate the check engine light......also the MAF was changed as it had set a trouble code "a while ago" per the tech....

I met the tech as I was dropping the van off...Mark...we discussed the fuel issue about the "Biomix in IL" and he revealed a issue with Bio....the fuel injectors Piezo feature clogs very easily with carbon/crud that is "Bio" that carbonizes AFTER the engine shuts down....the fuel at the nozzles actually "Cokes" ....he has changed several of injectors with owner admitting to using "excess Bio ratios" That issue probably could use another thread....

I told Mark about my RSN while leaving the van....while in FL on this last trip I experienced RSN quite dramatically and the further North and colder, the less the RSN.....Mark said he reset the "Adaptive" on the TCM (I believe the "Transmission Control Module") He has "Fixed" several "RSN" sprinters from UPS and FedEx by a "reset" and allowing the TCM to relearn the "features of each input sensor......I will be back in FL next month so I'll be "in-tune" for continued RSN or a a lack of RSN.....

Best!

Jim
And so you should:professor:
PS did he say what the variable in ratios of fuel was! Just interested as deifining the carbon particization as to Bio v Petro based ? those pizero injentors should handle bio mass fuels up tp B30 unless it's temp related.
Thanks Jim Please note ceramic B30+ yes Older version NO
Richard.

abittenbinder
02-07-2008, 06:25 AM
"Dr A" recently posted about checking or NAGs for metal on a sensor
Dr A:
Thanks!
Jim

Best!
Jim

The NAG1 Tech Alert that I posted was not a Chrysler tech bulletin but rather my own bulletin. It is intended to help owners avoid(and/or explain) transmission related DTCs and to avoid expensive, possibly premature, rebuilds/replacements of their transmissions, due to mis-diagnosis.

RSN is an illusive and often mislabeled condition. Many people confuse it(in name not actual symptoms) with transmission shudder. Shudder is often mitigated with a trans fluid change.

Previous DC trans tech bulletins have a list of procedures for a tech to follow regarding misc trans issues. One of these procedures is the "reset of adaptives", which is a DRBIII clearing of adaptives followed by a 1/2 hour- DRBIII prompted driving sequence to relearn "the basics". It may or may not reduce RSN but I haven't seen nor heard of absolute RSN cures using the reset procedure. Let us know if yours improves. Doktor A

Aircraft Wrench
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
He stood by the company line of 5% Mix...would it not be great to have a "Not For Profit" do some actual testing!!!

Best regards,

JIm

Aircraft Wrench
02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I will keep you updated...

I am considering completeing the "A-1" suggested SB to check on this before my Warranty is up....and changing to Amsoil trans fluid....the scientific part of my little brain does want to complete the trip to FL to see if there is a change.....hmmmmmm

Thanks Andy!

Jim