PDA

View Full Version : New Windshield on 2008 170 Hi roof

Modernmetal
06-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I need a new windshield for my NCV3. I went to the local glass shop and they said they have a replacement. When I inquired about the rain sensor behind the rearview mirror they said hmmm. They tried looking up the glass for that application and said dealer only part.

Does anyone here have any info regarding replacement and whether or not the rain sensor is an issue?

Thanks

thlevy48
06-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Try Safelite. I hope you have good insurance! The standard windshield is about $650.

slsbl77
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
I have used GlassAmerica here for several replacements on my past and present NCV3s...they have had the rain sensor windshield from Pilkington available when I needed it. They do good work. Save yourself trouble, Safelite will break very easily, not the best quality.
Bob

rb3232
06-19-2013, 07:38 AM
I have used GlassAmerica here for several replacements on my past and present NCV3s...they have had the rain sensor windshield from Pilkington available when I needed it. They do good work. Save yourself trouble, Safelite will break very easily, not the best quality.
Bob

How much for the Pilkington with rain sensor windshield? thanks.

slsbl77
06-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Sorry, I don't know the cost without insurance, I have a $ 100 deductible.

cheapbikeguy
07-03-2013, 10:54 PM
the non rain sensing windshield is about $150 and the moulding around the glass (if needed) is $25 you can attach the rain sensor to the regular windshield with the use of a rain sensor gel kit about $25 and maybe a small piece of 2 way tape install will run between $100-$160. my van goes through a couple windshields a year so I don't bother spending all the extra money on the heated/rainsensing glass

BBlessing
07-05-2013, 02:20 AM
the non rain sensing windshield is about $150 and the moulding around the glass (if needed) is $25 you can attach the rain sensor to the regular windshield with the use of a rain sensor gel kit about $25 and maybe a small piece of 2 way tape install will run between $100-$160. my van goes through a couple windshields a year so I don't bother spending all the extra money on the heated/rainsensing glass

um, you cannot put a rain sensor on a non sensor windshield. my insurance only requires $50 for my windshield deductible. and the heated/light and rain sensor glass is about $800 from the dealer. all star glass did mine. the first one was the wrong one, the second arrived broken and the third one finally went in 3 weeks after the original glass was removed. :thumbdown: then I had to go back so they could redo the sensor gel because the installer screwed that up.

bb

MellowYellow
07-05-2013, 12:24 PM
The replacement glass comes with the rain sensor mount. All that is needed is a new gel pack. That may be the dealer item, although my glass guy got it through his supplier.

If you have a heated windshield, make sure your install takes care with the ground wires at the top. Very easy for them to get in the way and cause a leak.