cabin air filter location ?

solera

Can anyone tell me where it is?

It's time for a change and i can't locate it.

Even tried following smoke to it.. no luck.. grrrrrrr

thanks, in advance...

talkinghorse43

It's directly above the engine on my '02 (I think it's the same for all T1Ns). Look carefully and you'll see a joint in the foam insulation that's joined with velcro. Undo the velcro and feel for metal clips around vertical plastic posts (1 each front and back. Undo those clips and push or pull the section (cover) directly above the engine toward the driver's side of the vehicle. The cover is secured by pins in tapered ramps, so it will drop down and away from the housing as you push/pull.

solera

Mine, is an 02, as well. (101K)

How long did your hi pressure fuel pumps, last ?

96k here. grrrrr $$$$$

Thanks to both of you, for your help... :thumbup:

KenB

Either of you two use a diesel additive with lube??? Like Red Line, Power Service, Amsoil, Stanadyne, etc.?

KenB

solera

nothing added,,, except some diesel injector cleaner, from autozone

about 40k before,,, the pump started dumping fuel on the belt.

by the way, i kept the old pump..

anybody know, who rebuilds em??? (for next time) :smilewink:

talkinghorse43

Either of you two use a diesel additive with lube??? Like Red Line, Power Service, Amsoil, Stanadyne, etc.?

KenB
I recently (last ~2k miles) began to use Power Service, but not for lubrication, just to raise the cetane number (worried about exhaust leaks around the injectors developing due to pressure spikes). So far, the "diesel" noise is much reduced.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
nothing added,,, except some diesel injector cleaner, from autozone

about 40k before,,, the pump started dumping fuel on the belt.

by the way, i kept the old pump..

anybody know, who rebuilds em??? (for next time) :smilewink:
This high pressure pump topic should have it's own thread but since you mentioned it- I have seen Bosch number plaques on the pumps that declare "made in..." as well as "remanufactured in...".

MBenz/Bosch obviously has a rebuilding program for them in Europe. Doktor A

Top Bottom