PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter ncv3 euro 5

sprinter 651
05-31-2013, 08:52 PM
HI GUYS , I AM NEW IN THE FORUM .

I HAVE A PROBLEM IN MY SPRINTER NCV3 .

I HAVE A MERCEDES SPRINTER MODEL 2010 313 CDI EURO 5 (Does not contain DEF SYSTEM), I WAS bought IT FROM GERMANY THEN I EXPORT IT TO JORDAN ( MY COUNTRY) .

DIESEL QUALITY IN MY COUNTRY IS TOO LOW AND DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THE ENGINE (A651) BECAUSE THE ENGINE IS EURO 5 AND THE DIESEL IN MY COUNTRY Not only complies with EURO 3 ENGINES , Which leads to SPOIL FUEL INJECTORS & DPF IS CLOGGED & EGR IS RESTRICTION (IT WANTED TO CLEANING Constantly) & LESS POWER.

PLEASE Is there one can help me

I WAS think it should be CONVERT MY ENGINE FROM EURO 5 TO EURO 3 Commensurate with the quality of diesel .

PLEASE HELP ME
MANY THANKS & BEST REGARDS

lindenengineering
06-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Hello sprinter 651 in the lovely Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan "Keef Halek"?
Welcome most Welcome to our forum.

I had this problem many years ago when I ran a fleet of buses in Baghdad with Raqb Baghdad.
Essentially the fuel used in your area is very high in sulfur and the cetane rating is questionable due to quality blend variations.
In Europe the fuel blend has a very low sulfur content and highly refined and that is why you are experiencing some of the problems mentioned .

Equally the engine lubricating oils available to you may not comply to what is required for the engine lubrication and you are getting a lot of oil carry over causing sooting and high carbon deposits in the engine ports etc.

The solution on lubricating oils might be to import or look in your local souk for a merchant who sells oils such as Mobil 1 15/40 ESP or possibly Castrol Edge Euro formula.
http://www.amazon.com/Mobil-105856-CASE-5W-40-Formula-Motor/dp/B009IE2N4A

The fuel is more difficult to address, but a suggestion might be to use one of the fuel additives such as what is available here in the USA & Europe and made by BG Products.
Known as BG244 and/or DFC I have found that it makes a huge difference to emission output and really reduces soot which is often responsible for plugging up of units like the EGR valve.
As a reference I put some ion my wife's VW Jetta which are notorious for EGR and inlet manifold plugging. It not only reduced the deposits in the manifold but improved the emission figures on it annual Emission test. So this might be worth considering IF you can find it in the souk.
Some experimentation is required to find a solution.
I recommend this to my Sprinter customers added to the tank every 10,000 miles (16000kms).
In your case due to the fuel quality problem you may have to use it on every tank fill.
The products looks like this.
http://www.bgprod.com/products/diesel.html

I hope I have been of help to you today, the first day of the working week in your part of the world.
Regards Dennis

sprinter 651
06-01-2013, 07:44 PM
DEAR MR. DENNIS ,

I would like to thank YOU MANY MANY MANY THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS ( SHOKRAN )

MY BEST REGARDS