Renntech tuned

Kenpho10

Just got my ecu back today from renntech. Shipped it out on Tuesday got it back today at 10am. Hook it back up and took a test drive on the freeway. I have to say the power feels much better and went over 80mph just to see if limiter is deleted. I don't hardly go over 80 mph in this van cause its use as a weekend for family outings. The van feels like it pulls more and quicker Respone. Can't go wrong with renntech, I have their upgrade on my other AMG also.

Kenpho10

Wife took the sprinter out this weekend with the kids and she came home and ask me"What wrong with the van. It seems like it there's something wrong when I step on the gas when the light turns green."
I ask her what's wrong. She say it just feel like the van just wants to take off and feels different from before.. I just played it off and told her the sprinter maybe just finish it break in period :thumbup:

Jchirchirillo

JChirchirillo
That's how my 13 felt this morning when temps dropped outside 60f . Rolling hard. But had a ton of lag last week when temps outside climbed to 95f. These motors don't like it hot outdoors . Renn needs to hurry up on there 13 tune. Getting impatient here...

ircsmith

Squid
so tune help in take off? one thing i dont care for is stepping on the throttle and nothing happens. I dont mean flooring it. I just want to press on the throttle 1/2 way and have it respond quicker than if I pressed on 1/4 way. with the way its tuned its all or nothing.

thinking about getting a tune but dont need any extra power. I just want it to respond to throttle changes a little more crisp. the lag drives me crazy.

I finally bit the bullet and got the Renntech tune. My first day with it today and I have to say I do like it so far. Nice power gain, more power on starts from a dead stop. I am trying to keep my foot off the pedal and get better milage. I only did about 50 miles of in town driving today so fuel milage is hard to judge but my dash says I am getting 19.5 MPG. It would normally tell me I am getting 17-18 MPG on most days. I will report back in a month or so and let everyone know how its averaging over time. As of now, I'll say it was a good investment.

Kenpho10

Is it me are it seems like second gear has a delay on the renntech tune. But overall the tune is great!

Top Bottom