Transmission shifting rough

sajohnson

'09 View/08 3500 chassis
I searched for an answer to this problem and found mentions of it but no resolution.

At low speeds the tranny sometimes seems to slip, and then it slams into gear. Occasionally it does this repeatedly (slip-grab-slip-grab). It feels almost like a 'neutral drop'.

It can't be good for the transmission, or the rest of the drivetrain.

Has anyone had this problem fixed, or is everyone being told, "They all do that"?

Thanks.

PlantLady

Debbie with plants
Mine was doing something like that a couple days before it stopped working altogether. Definitely something to get checked out before the broken piece breaks a bunch of other pieces and adds to the $$$$.

Good luck!

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
EGR valve :bash:
What?!?
John, could you please elaborate?
My tranny ('06 340K) was hunting for gears this AM during the first 10 min. of driving.
Then all was well. Stop and go driving in Philadelphia.
Half hour later (still driving) I was slowing for a (rolling) stop when the van seemed to just BE in neutral. The gear selector said "D" and I could manually shift it up and down D-4-3-2-3-4-D, but it wouldn't respond to the throttle. So I coasted over to the side of the road, put it in Park and shut the van down. Started it back up again and it ran flawlessly for the rest of the day. :idunno:
And you are saying EGR?
*my ABS light is on because I have a bad sensor in the rear- could this be a part of the problem?

Top Bottom