Rust and dirt under rear door plate T1N

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I took up the black rear door plate to replace my cracked one and there was rust and accumulation of dirt under the plastic. Lots of dirt under the end of the floor also. I cleaned , sanded and painted it back to a longer life. You may want to look under by prying up the hold down tabs with a flat screwdriver. :hugs:

thinice

2005 tall 140WB 160K
I took up the black rear door plate to replace my cracked one and there was rust and accumulation of dirt under the plastic. Lots of dirt under the end of the floor also. I cleaned , sanded and painted it back to a longer life. You may want to look under by prying up the hold down tabs with a flat screwdriver. :hugs:
Thanks, will have to check that. Mine needs replacement and I am in the salt zone. They love to lay it down thick here. Were did you source your replacement and how much did it run?

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I bought mine on eBay from SprinterParts-MB for $65 delivered, but they are out of stock now.
You might try " Berry Dodge Sprinter" online

Good news and bad news about my 2004 black plastic.

The bad news...
It doesn't survive a 1/2 barrel of beer being dropped on it when the ambient temperature is 5F.

The good news...
If you can live with a unsightly cracked plastic entry strip the clips hold well enough to keep it very functional.

65 bucks has been being applied to more 1/2 barrels of enjoyment.

Maybe I'll replace the plastic when I'm on the wagon. :cheers: vic

skill3

2006 Dodge T1N 2500 118"
Berry Dodge price is $33.39. Shipping would be extra. The price has dropped a $1.50 since I bought mine 2 months ago.

sterling

'03 3500 T1N
Thanks, will have to check that. Mine needs replacement and I am in the salt zone. They love to lay it down thick here. Were did you source your replacement and how much did it run?

only thing I did not rhino-line... we can hear stuff rust here on the Gulf Coast...thanks for the heads up ...ive merely "W-Dogged" that slot to date but will pry and eyeball..

sterling

'03 3500 T1N
thank you for this heads-up...its like the elephant in the room, no telling what Ill find

pfflyer

Pull the weather seal around the bottoms of all your doors and see what you find as well.

xriss

any pics of said rust??...my james cooks just arrived back from an extended tour of south east asia and australia ....so im out with the bilt hamber wax to keep the old lad rustish free...might be on too a losser here in bonny scotland:bash:

Top Bottom