Repair shop recommendations near Knoxville, Tn

dmw155

I started using Sprinters for my wholesale business several months ago because of the fuel economy. I have 05 Dodge sprinter 2500 and two 06's. I started having problems with the ignition on the 05. Every once in a while the key would not engage the engine. You could let the sprinter sit for 20 minutes and then it would start and run great. Finally we tried to start it one day and when you turned the key nothing would happen. I took it to the local dodge dealer in Knoxville, Tn and they told me the control module computer was bad. After they replaced it they could get the engine to turn over but they couldn't get it to start. About every two weeks for three months they told me they thought they had figured out the problem and then didn't. Now the're telling me they think the motor is bad but the're not sure. I found a highly recommended shop in Glenshaw, Pennsylvania on this forum that thinks he can fix my van and if not will replace the motor for a very fare price. When I called Dodge they said I could have the Sprinter picked up if I pay them $4200. I'm not sure how they can justify charging me that much money when they said they could fix my van 15 different times and then didn't. I am hoping someone on here knows a good shop in the region that I can trust for normal repairs that won't try to do what dodge is pulling. Any advise on the dodge situation and another option for a mechanic would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom