jmgasior - Urgent Plea - Trailer Wiring

I deleted your post in the Transmission Fluid check thread because it would take it way off course.
Hopefully someone has a idea.hooked up a curt trailer harness from van for lights,when I connect to trailer lites,they don't light,have 12v on wire gg to light,when connected to leads on light the 12v disappears,tried a new ground and no different,the trailer lights are ok,also tried a led fixture and no different,curt tech has no ideas as the converter is comparable with the sprinter vans,does this ring a bell with anyone??thanks for any help.
You don't indicate a Sprinter model year. Is it a powered module that needs a separate dedicated 12 vdc supply? If it is not a powered module then you probably will not be able to get it to work on a Sprinter. vic

A Canned Posting Add-on

Please take the time to add your vehicle info to all your posts automatically!!!!! It's easy to do. It will help you to get answers. Thank you.

Here's how to do it.

The most direct method is probably in your "Details".
After you are logged in click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right corner.
On the left side under "Your Profile" click on "Edit your Details".
Scroll down to the "Custom User Title" box.
Click in that box and type the information.
I suggest “Vehicle year – NAFTA or 311, etc.” depending upon your location.
Scroll down to the "Save Changes" box. Click on that and you are done.

Another place is in your "Signature".
Click on "Private Messages" (or “Quick Links”) in the upper right.
On the left look for "Setting and Options".
Click on "Edit Signature".
Scroll down to the text box which looks like what you use to add a post to the forum. Type in the information you want.
I used “NAFTA 2004 OM647 140 2500 Std Roof >246,000 mi. DAD” [/QUOTE]
Scroll down to "Preview Signature". If the preview looks like what you want, scroll down to "Save Signature", click on that and you're done.

I don’t know what objection anyone could have to adding their model year and Sprinter detail information permanently. (You don’t need to include your location.) Consider it this way. Members of the forum will try to help you. Do you think that it is fair for one to expect anyone to dig up your vehicle information before they reply? You add the info once and you’re done. Sorry if I'm being too straightforward for some.

Have fun. vic

jmgasior

jmgasior
again I filled out the info you want,but it never has taken??also I thought I posted in the ncv3 section? anyhow it is a 12v powered module.

again I filled out the info you want,but it never has taken??...
Maybe you should check in your preferences to see if you have signature and details disabled? :idunno:

Edit: Next time you answer a post. Go down to near the end of the page. Under Misc. Options there is a Show Signature box which should be checked.

anyhow it is a 12v powered module.
A powered module should work without a problem. I would first double check that you have proper voltage to the module feed and a proper ground. The Sprinter lamp signals are only used as triggers for the module to turn on the proper trailer lights. If they are tapped into the correct places then the trailer module should respond and the Sprinter light monitoring system shouldn't notice at all. Sorry I can't offer more.

vic

Last edited:

Top Bottom