Looking for LED Backup Lights Check These Babies OUT

WPJ

hey all I just got my LED lights installed and tested today. I have not completed the wiring to the relays and the PSM but shortly on that.

The lights are 2 x 60W LED light bars (6x10W Cree LEDS) about 3-4A each

I will be installing a switch for each one to operate them indipendantly if required as a work light form the AUX battery.

Additionally there will be an OFF position on each switch meaning totally off

Lastly there will be a Reverse position. With this position I will have a output from the PSM trigger a relay which will automatically turn on both lights when the Spritner goes into reverse.

I was a little shocked at how well these lite up the back side.

have a look. if anyone is interested in them I can get more.

WPJ

Here is another mirror shot this tiem in my driveway

The second set is me parked on a laneway at my local park

The last one is me standing in my garage enterance looking at the sprinter parked on the road.

Attachments

WPJ

i just used my cell so lighting is lightly off but you will get the picture of how bright these bad boys are. in the last picture above you can see I need to make soem minor angle adjustments to the lights.

pfflyer

Are those replacement "bulbs" or standalone lamps? VERY bright!
Where are they mounted if not replacements. Can you post a picture of the rear showing how you mounted them and how they look mounted? I bet you are popular with neighbors when you back out of the drive early in the morning. Looks like a cool add-on.

Tropix

Great job WPJ. About blinded me just looking at them from my phone. :cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WPJ

Ya I'll post a daylight pic of the back, I was a little shocked myself at there brightness,

I was planning on using 2 x 120w, but the manufacture messed up the dimensions so the 129w'ers would stick out about 1/2" on Tue side didn't like that.

The lights are mounted to the bottom of the bumper on either side effects of the hitch, I am butting a directional light bar under tue hitch and playing with the idea of adding another 180w light, but I think that what I have now will be enough.

pfflyer

You are a T1N asking of a NVC3. Here is where I put mine on a T1N: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24290&highlight=lights
:smirk: I did not know we are operating on a class system here:lol: :bow: I am just getting ideas. I am looking at upgrading in the next year or so. I am at 418,000 miles running strong but if something major happens I may need to think about getting another. Although from what I hear the newer ones arent DIY friendly (if you consider T1N user friendly).

PTChambers

2008 Dodge (2010Roadtrek)
Hi

I am wondering a 2 part question. Does the stock hitch wiring have backup light power on one of the pins (with a helper I could VOM the connector to find out but that means I have to find a helper) and number 2, do you suppose I could wire to the trailers backup light power (assuming a yes answer for part one) for one of these without upsetting the way too sensitive electricals in a 2008 ncv3 ????

I dont pull a trailer and extra light for backing into campsites at night would certainly be handy. I would prefer not to run a new power lead to the rear (I do recognize that a relay could be wired off of the existing backup light wiring but you still have to get power from somewhere).

I expect the easy solution of just tapping into the existing backup lights would not work (too much current). Just one of these lights would seem to be adequate for my application.

Phil

230321a

Ya I'll post a daylight pic of the back, I was a little shocked myself at there brightness,

I was planning on using 2 x 120w, but the manufacture messed up the dimensions so the 129w'ers would stick out about 1/2" on Tue side didn't like that.

The lights are mounted to the bottom of the bumper on either side effects of the hitch, I am butting a directional light bar under tue hitch and playing with the idea of adding another 180w light, but I think that what I have now will be enough.
Please list your source for these great lights. Thanks

Top Bottom