Dirt cheap rotors!!!???

svaric2

by the way,

what's the best brand of brake pad that fits the 04 3500 model (bosch calipers)?

do you buy them online? (if so, where?)

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)

Chinese manufacturers are now supplying rotors for most vehicles-Sprinters included. The quality of manufacturing and metallurgy have improved over the last few years.

I have a set here -which I have not had time to evaluate(in real world use) but dimensionally and with regard to surface finish, etc. they appear to be decent value for the price. Doktor A

svaric2

Chinese manufacturers are now supplying rotors for most vehicles-Sprinters included. The quality of manufacturing and metallurgy have improved over the last few years.

I have a set here -which I have not had time to evaluate(in real world use) but dimensionally and with regard to surface finish, etc. they appear to be decent value for the price. Doktor A
yeah, but the OEM rotors cost ~60. half price for the same part is insane!!

now if they only made cheap brake pads. so far all i can find are pads around $66 bucks.
anyone know of cheaper? (bosch caliper)

edit: by the way, thanks kurt.

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
yeah, but the OEM rotors cost ~60. half price for the same part is insane!!
by the way, thanks kurt.
Consider the labor costs in China vs. European Union(even the eastern rust belt) and consider the material those Chinese rotors are made from- likely came from imported scrap (American washing machines). Doktor A

contractor

I'm a big believer in OEM, however, in this area I do stray. We have a Voyager (another Chrysler product) that eats brakes on an annual basis. I can buy a new rotor at Autozone for $23 bucks ... a nicely CNC ground finish vs. having my rotors turned with a single point tool for $15 (ratty finish and not true in runout).

I just throw them in the recycle bin each year when I do a brake job and install the new set. I will buy my rotors from Autozone for my Sprinter for the first brake job.

Top Bottom