Disconnecting battery.

ohlsonmh

Grumpy Member
I want to reseat as many components in my 2004 Engine control circuits as I can reach in an attempt to cure my "won't start unless the whole vehicle is under about 60ºF" problem.

I want to disconnect the battery to eliminate the possibility of shorting something out.

Are there any reasons NOT to disconnect the battery? - say, some component which will have to be reset or any such thing?

Thanks, Oly

chads

If you have the oem radio just make sure you have the code.
If not, it will not work till you get it. The codes are available to via dealer or maybe someplace on this website has a link.
Chad

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The one item that will need "resetting" will be the radio... after losing power it will want its "code" re-entered.

(oh.. yeah... the clock will be off, too, unless you power back up at precisely Noon)

Remember to disconnect the negative end of the battery (to avoid accidentally welding a wrench to the metal from the positive post)

--dick

ohlsonmh

Grumpy Member
Thanks!

If you have the oem radio just make sure you have the code.
If not, it will not work till you get it. The codes are available to via dealer or maybe someplace on this website has a link.
Chad
Thanks, both!

I was just trying to be sure, wouldn't want the immobilizer to need a re-st for instance.

I HAD forgotten about that silly radio - I SO wish someone WOULD steal it, it is such a lousey radio, but I have the code taped in the back of my user's manual.

-Oly

Top Bottom