Where to buy dash vent louvers??

dg55117

I'm looking for a few dash vent louvers for my 2005. I just accidentally broke a few vanes-
Thanks for any suggestions

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
I've never seen the louvers sold anywhere, but you can get the whole facia part called a vent bezel , discount online from Berry Sprinter Dodge parts, or eBay, or any Sprinter Dealer can get it for you $60- $120.
Other members on here have instructions on how to repair yourself . The search button here can find it with " vent repair" I think

EZoilburner

03 2500 158wb HR
Mine were broken right at the pin that holds the vain to the vent, I used some HOT needles in place of the pins and it worked great, can't tell the difference.

dg55117

Yes.. mine is broken at the pin as well but one of the vanes is completely missing
Please explain what you mean by hot needle?

Or does anyone know a source for the entire vent assembly used as for one missing vane, $86.00 for a nw one from the dealer is a little too much.
Thanks everyone

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Probably meaning heating a needle so it will melt itself into the frame's plastic for a firm mounting.

It strikes me that replacement Sprinter dash vent vanes would be a perfect application for an at-home 3D printer...
(small and plastic)

--dick

Last edited:

flman

I was thinking about putting a little silicone on mine to hold them in? They should flex enough? BTW, how do they break, abuse?

EZoilburner

03 2500 158wb HR
Yes.. mine is broken at the pin as well but one of the vanes is completely missing

Or does anyone know a source for the entire vent assembly used as for one missing vane, $86.00 for a nw one from the dealer is a little too much.
Thanks everyone
I use a finish nail (16 gage) about 3/4" long and red hot push it "centered" right where the broken plastic pin was at let it cool and cut off the excess with a wire cutter, done. Takes a little finess to put it bac where it was but it will bend enough to fit back IN.

Top Bottom