Sprinter 316

Cubpaws

Hi just looking for a bit of advice. I've recently bought a 2010 316 duoliner, really for the crewvan seating. I normally use a ford transit 350 200ps. I'm finding the sprinter nippy enough thru the gears in urban driving however at motorway speeds, hills speeds drop down to 60 mph often requiring a change down to 5th. Is this normal and I'm spoiled by 200 bhp in the transit?

Thanks

glojo

Hi just looking for a bit of advice. I've recently bought a 2010 316 duoliner, really for the crewvan seating. I normally use a ford transit 350 200ps. I'm finding the sprinter nippy enough thru the gears in urban driving however at motorway speeds, hills speeds drop down to 60 mph often requiring a change down to 5th. Is this normal and I'm spoiled by 200 bhp in the transit?

Thanks
We have a 216 Sprinter which has the same power plant but I am guessing it depends on what we call a hill. I have never had the experience of being in the latest, most powerful diesel powered Transit but the older ones would not pull the skin off of a rice pudding even if lubricated with syrup!!

Our Sprinter will humiliate any number of cars when we drive up a steepish hill that runs from the M5 onto the A380 (Telegraph Hill) The van has more than enough power and we have been forced to slow down by cars struggling to maintain a decent speed.

If you have a 160hp modern engine and you are comparing it to an equally modern 200hp engine with final drive, gear box, size of vehicle, its weight and load being comparable, I am guessing I can predict what one might get to the top of the hill first :thumbup:

Would I want a Transit, or am I happy with my Sprinter :D:

glojo

Nice picture Richard and who would have ever thought that a Transit would look like a Sprinter? WhenI first looked at that picture I thought you had bought some type of tram!!!!

Note I am not mentioning the Rugby and who said the British Lions have just beated the Aussies??:clapping: :D:

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
The Sprinter's fifth and sixth ratios are overdrives remember. Chuck in the Tranny's extra horsepower: I don't think anything's amiss.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Nice picture Richard and who would have ever thought that a Transit would look like a Sprinter? WhenI first looked at that picture I thought you had bought some type of tram!!!!

Note I am not mentioning the Rugby and who said the British Lions have just beated the Aussies??:clapping: :D:
That's funny...A Transvestite on a tram ride.:lol:
Cheers Richard

Top Bottom