PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and need advice

csilcox
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I just bought an 11 Mercedes 2500 for my wife to use as a daily grocery getter and transport for my four kids 6 and under. My configuration is front captains seats second row captains seats (2) 3rd row Captain seats (2) and third row bench.....My question is whoever did conversion put plush velour on the seats and I would like to up grade atleast the 6 to leather as I think it will hold up better with the kids.....DOes any one know where the best place to find the seat covers is??? Also it is equipped with just the steel wheels and I would like to put nicer ones on it....is there anyone with experience on the do's and dont's of what size rim etc? One last thing is the wood dash kits I see from B&I anyone had any experience with them or a better brand??? Thanks in advance for all the help!

Aqua Puttana
03-20-2013, 02:44 PM
First let me extend you a hale and hearty welcome to the forum. 51236

Can't help with other questions.

As to rims. There is always some risk with vanity when it comes to Sprinter wheels. Personally, I prefer the durability of steel wheels on my trucks, but that's me. Have fun.

I believe that you'll find some ineresting points and tips for rim selection made in this thread. vic

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25393&highlight=rim+fail

Very nice looking van by the way. :thumbup:

gary 32
03-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Vic referred you to a T1N thread, or 5 lug wheels that fit 2500 Sprinters prior to 2007.

Most Sprinter Forum members believe MB created the wholly grail, I say modify it to work.:hugs:

Use the blue search bar, search NCV 3 wheels and tires, you need a 6x130 bolt pattern with +-54mm offset, (check your stock wheel for offset, stamped on rim) 83mm hub bore,

csilcox
03-20-2013, 05:42 PM
THanks Guys for your responses....I hear what you are saying on Cayenne wheels but MB actually puts an alloy wheel on them as option dont they?? ANy ideas on leather for seats??
Once again THANKS for reponse!!!

Aqua Puttana
03-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Vic referred you to a T1N thread, or 5 lug wheels that fit 2500 Sprinters prior to 2007.

Most Sprinter Forum members believe MB created the wholly grail, I say modify it to work.:hugs:

Use the blue search bar, search NCV 3 wheels and tires, you need a 6x130 bolt pattern with +-54mm offset, (check your stock wheel for offset, stamped on rim) 83mm hub bore,
Good point about the lug pattern.

I was more pointing to the thread because deeper in there are posts which I believe gave some tips about what to consider when selecting alloy rims. Those comments were more general in nature. Sorry for any confusion. vic