PDA

View Full Version : Sliding door track holds water below step. Drains?

chads
03-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Today was kinda crappy for the sprinter.
I had a old water heater the was full of mineral slime that spilled out all over the place when I hit the brakes.
There was a couple of inches in the stepwell for the slider door.
I took to a carwash and washed it out and was having trouble getting the lower track cleaned out.
The water wouldn't drain out and didn't several hours later.
Looking at it's design there must be a drain of some sort that is plugged.
Anybody know where it is?
Chad

boxcar
03-20-2013, 03:01 PM
.... They're under there though first you have to get at them... http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6899 Good luck to you.

Boater
03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
I never found any drains under mine, all sorts of other junk though.
Just a note, mine has a round plug on the raised flat piece to the left of the diagram (in the link) covering a deeply recessed screw - design might have been altered slightly from 2000 on though.

Douglasia
03-20-2013, 06:10 PM
On my 2004 there are (at least) 2 drains. From underneath, they are integrated into the long, vehicle lengthwise, 1/2" vertical. "fin" where 2 pieces are welded together. They are seen as about 1/2" x 1/8" bulges along the fin. The drain openings are about 1/16" and are likely to be packed with road dirt. Agree with others that is is worth removing the scuff pad to clean out debris and paint any rust. Replaced the screws with hex head bolts as the screw allen (?) slots were also packed with dirt. The deep screw had rusted and was hard to remove. Enough dirt build up will keep the door latch from working and makes sliding the door difficult. Also, I oriented the trim plugs 90 degrees to make them easier to find in the future.