PDA

View Full Version : Transmission leak at sealing ring/electrical interface

vanven
03-12-2013, 01:16 AM
I have very slow ATF leak between the sealing ring and the trans electrical connector. I noticed this about three weeks after I rolled the vehicle (90 deg). The only under vehicle damage I noticed were broken brake line clips. I have been driving every day since the roll over. Please forward any suggestions. If I rotate the sealing ring and remove the connector will the ATF run out? Thanks in advance.

lindenengineering
03-12-2013, 01:35 AM
You can buy a socket and insert from the Dodge dealer.
Total cost about 25 bucks.
Fairly easy to replace

Unless the vehicle is facing down on a grade, or the transmission is grossly over filled you shouldn't get any appreciable loss of fluid.

Dennis

jmoller99
03-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Most of these eventually leak anyway. When they leak, it wicks transmission fluid into the transmission control unit (under the drivers seat). Change the connector sleeve at your first opporitunitity.

vanven
03-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Most of these eventually leak anyway. When they leak, it wicks transmission fluid into the transmission control unit (under the drivers seat). Change the connector sleeve at your first opporitunitity.

This was very easy to change out (15 min). I did not know about the wicking. Thanks for the information.

jcolvin
05-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Got mine done after finding the leak. Popped out with no pressure at all because the seals were totally shot. New one wouldnt go all the way home with finger pressure alone, required a few gentle taps with a hammer and cork spacer to get it all the way in. Guess that means the new seals are tight! Fingers xed my LHM mode issue won't reoccur.

ohlsonmh
05-16-2013, 04:30 PM

"Stoopid Questions":

I hate to ask, but could someone be a bit more specific? Maybe a photo, or a reference to VANVEN's photo?

Mine has been leaking since I got it (for 65,000 miles) and I'd love to get it under control but I'm not sure what part is being changed & is the "Connector sleeve" the same as the "Socket & insert" mentioned elsewhere.

From what you guys write, it sounds as if I could do the job.

Does anyone have the part #s (Dodge) handy?

Is fluid in the TCU noticeable before it causes problems?

-Oly

jcolvin
05-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Part number: 68021352AA

See here: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2815

and here etc: http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24889&highlight=transmission+connector