Rear Door Gap

I've got an issue where the rear doors seem to be adjusted perfectly and yet the driver's side door electrical contacts are about a 1/4 inch from meeting the contacts on the body. Foster at Upscale said the tech that last worked on my van thought I might have a "pillar problem." I'm not sure what that means because the body appears to be straight. If you look at the doors from the outside when they are closed, the left side gap is larger than the right side gap on the outermost seams. But the latches line up fine. Any thoughts?

Hinges maybe? I know my passenger rear door doesn't close tight and I know the upper hinge is sloppy. I have a pair to swap out but haven't yet.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I would not discount Upscale's opinion - they have a lot of experience with Sprinters. A pillar problem can come from overloading, overloading and over-twisting the body, or an accident.

Issue solved. The door was dented in slightly near the contacts. I think someone probably closed the door with something in between the door and the body by mistake. I'm going to hammer it back flat this weekend.

Top Bottom