PDA

View Full Version : 2006 158 2500 Need repaint this summer. Help

xlman78
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Hello, i need to repaint my Sprinter this summer to be able to have it for few more years sometimes this summer, do u guys know good shop or somebody in IL or IN , who can help me with "restoration" ?

Colorado_Al
03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
If you're near St Louis, I'd check out Craftsmen Industries for paint:
http://craftsmenind.com/paint.php

Or if you want a less expensive paint job, there is always Crappo, I mean Maaco

xlman78
03-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Sorry i wasn't precise enough, i'm live CHI subs

+drive
03-09-2013, 01:57 AM
I'd try Body Builders in Rolling Meadows Automotive. They do great work! If it's just a repaint, it should be pretty painless. If you're addressing rust, then things start to run into $$.

xlman78
03-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Yeah its rusty, and i'm aware that paint and fix rust issue won't be painless or cheap, but my van is worth to me a lot, and i'm willing spend money to keep him for few more years, but these days everyone are looking to cash in and forget.
Just looking for good quality job so i wont see rust next year.
btw how do you hear about them ?, some history?.

+drive
03-09-2013, 10:23 PM
I have family and friends in that area that have used them for years. They guarentee the work, that's why it's a quality job. My brother went to a different shop to save a few bucks, which was apparent when the rust charged through the paint less than a year later.

Turbo John
03-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Hello, i need to repaint my Sprinter this summer to be able to have it for few more years sometimes this summer, do u guys know good shop or somebody in IL or IN , who can help me with "restoration" ?

Sand the rust spots and put on some primer and buy a vinyl wrap. I am on my third Sprinter wrap. The paint sucks on these early sprinters and a wrap will waterproof the body plus you can have some fun if your daring.......or buy a straight color. You can do the work yourself and purchase the material for under a grand............

xlman78
03-10-2013, 10:28 PM
I saw sprinters that guys did rust and painting themself and it looks like **** (including myself).
So i rather get this done once right and forget about it.

Aqua Puttana
03-10-2013, 10:44 PM
I saw sprinters that guys did rust and painting themself and it looks like **** (including myself).
Xlman,
You must have seen my Sprinter as I drove through Chicago. :lol: I'm willing to live with the ugly patching to avoid the cost of proper repairs. My avatar says it all. :rolleyes:

As you mentioned, given the known rust issues the real trick is proper prep before painting.

Maybe check around for any vintage car restoration companies. Even if they aren't interested in painting your Sprinter my bet is that they will know some body shops who are good at dealing with rust.

Good luck. Keep us updated. vic