Clone Scaners for Sprinters

are you interested in getting a clone scanner?

• yes

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • no

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • maybe

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • hell no china crap for me

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

WPJ

Hey all I have been enjoying my scanner over the last few weeks and wanted to see of there was an interest from the community in getting then and I can setup a group offer...just thinking out loud.

WPJ

I'm thinking a vm based setup with a Ethernet mux so no serial ports to deal with, will work For t1n and ncv3

This way you don't need a different laptop.

Last edited:

bcislander

'07 Mercedes-badged Dodge
I'm interested. As Colorado Al asked, more details on what you have in mind would be good.

ehsieh

Hey all I have been enjoying my scanner over the last few weeks and wanted to see of there was an interest from the community in getting then and I can setup a group offer...just thinking out loud.
How many do we need to get the "group offer"?

Thanks,

Ernie.

WPJ

Ok, I'm trying to figure out all of the details right now.

There's a few options and I would like to narrow it down a bit.

C4 SD its Ethernet based so no need for USB to serial but it does cost a little more but trouble free.
C3 older and serial based, seeing all of the issues with dad and serial port with USB etc I'm leaning to stay away from that.

Then, you need a laptop dedicated to it. So you can get one all at the same time or just a hard drive, lastly if you have an older laptop a remote install can happen.

Pricing they day will be based on quantity, I was thinking of trying to do lots of 5

Please ask the questions so I can try and figure it our

irontent

What are the minimum required laptop specs ?

Does the scanner app run on the bare metal, or does it run under an operating system (such as windo-z)?

WPJ

Looking at a dell d630, 2g, 80g had. Scanner required windows XP for the software portion.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Are you offering a support contract too lol. PEBKAC is the biggest issue with this idea.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I like filling out polls, but in this case I am still waiting for an explanation of what a China crap Clone running Windows with PEBKAC is... Some context to this thread would be appreciated.

-Randy

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Last edited:

irontent

Thanks for the specs. I would vote for the latest Ethernet version.

Does the remote install include the XP OS? If so, how are the required, hardware unique drivers install handled?

WPJ

Im going to test the remote install layer this week to validate the process. But may not be a great,option.

You need a xo capable laptop 2-4g ram, 120g hdd, 1024x768 video, nothing to big, dual core.

However you need another 65g to download ,software most inet,connections will be hard,to get this. It took me about 20 hours to download on 16Mb line.

flman

I like filling out polls, but in this case I am still waiting for an explanation of what a China crap Clone running Windows with PEBKAC is... Some context to this thread would be appreciated.

-Randy
I would like to see some user experiences before I take the plunge, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Carsoft, or should I say my butt hurts at $1300 including shipping for a product that does not work. :thumbdown:

http://carsoftwest.com/

It definitely sounds like WPJ has a working solution, but how well it works?

WPJ

Flman, I hear ya....i almost did the car soft route. My route uses the actual Mb software just like the dad units but with current software its just newer hardware and software.
I was amazed at all if the codes stored in each module.
It also has the full service manual hot the ncv3.

I can try and do a video of it if you want

Top Bottom