PDA

View Full Version : ABS/ESP traction control lights...

Throttlejockey
03-05-2013, 04:33 PM
I had my van towed last night because the starter went. They towed it with the back wheels off the ground.

Changed the starter and drove it and the now lights come on. Didn't have any before.

Any suggestions?

jmoller99
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
When I have had that, I needed to clear the transmission codes with my DAD unit.

Throttlejockey
03-05-2013, 06:21 PM
After searching some I saw where guys had brake light switch issues. Turns out the brake lights were stuck on. When the idiot from AAA strapped the wheel to the brake pedal somehow it messed up the switch. New one should be in tomorrow AM.

I took the switch completely apart and didn't see anything wrong with it. For the lights to go off it needed to be completely depressed. Hopefully the new one fixes it because I don't see how I could get it compressed that much the way the brake pedal is.

Aqua Puttana
03-05-2013, 09:21 PM
....I took the switch completely apart and didn't see anything wrong with it. ...
In my experience taking things apart is generally OK, it's the proper re-assembly which is the gray area.

Abnormal pulling on the brake pedal likely changed the switch adjustment by compressing the plunger.

Assuming the switch was re-assembled OK, it may only need a standard adjustment. I believe that the info you need will be covered here post #74. Good luck. vic

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=90480#post90480

Throttlejockey
03-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the link Vic. I wish I read that before I ordered one prepaid from the Dodge dealer. DOH!

Throttlejockey
03-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Lucky for me they ordered the wrong switch even though I gave them the VIN. I just adjusted and reused the old switch. Saved me $30.

GunntuckySmooth
04-13-2017, 04:35 AM
Read this today, adjusted brake light switch, ABS/TractionControl lights stayed off. Thanks guys! Saves me a $110 diag fee. Adjustment is easy as pie. Cheers.
-Joel

GunntuckySmooth
04-13-2017, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the brake light switch adj link Vic.

Aqua Puttana
04-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the brake light switch adj link Vic.
No problem.

For future reference there is more detail in this thread.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=300852

vic