PDA

View Full Version : Mystery code: N3FFF

A.Hayes
03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Anyone have any clue what that is? It's come back on the DRBIII the last couple of times I've had my van in for service, and has the well respected local Sprinter gurus stumped. Had a couple of imtermittent fuel issues recently (just put on new fuel filter), as well as a wierd, intermittent start and stall that has come and gone for over a year. Been running fine otherwise though, just wondering if that code means anything.

autostaretx
03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
N3FFF sounds suspiciously like the highest number the system is capable of producing,
and the "N" is a puzzle (it's not P for powertrain, B for body, etc.)
I'd almost vote for simply a small chunk of bad memory in the ECU (or a bad connection on the diagnostics buses)
--dick

Aqua Puttana
03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Anyone have any clue what that is?... as well as a wierd, intermittent start and stall that has come and gone for over a year. ...
I can't answer your question. A couple searches didn't produce anything concrete.

Dick mentioned memory or diagnostic bus...

There was a thread some time ago in which it was revealed that an inability of the dealership scan tool and/or a DAD to communicate with his ECM (and possibly other modules) was traced to an aftermarket radio which had mistakenly been connected to the CAN BUS. Do you have any devices which may have been tagged onto the CAN BUS?

Transmission fluid contamination has been known to interfere with TCM communication. It doesn't take much. Perhaps you should remove the battery negative and check the ECM plugs for corrosion or other issues.

This is sounding a bit familiar. Sorry if I am repeating myself by suggesting this a second time. Good luck. vic

Amboman
03-03-2013, 11:44 PM
N3FFF Transmission control module (TCM) TCM trouble code(s) stored