PDA

View Full Version : Remapping a '99 312

Phooey
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Can it be done? Anyone had experience of getting this done, did you get decent returns on fuel economy?

Boater
03-01-2013, 05:54 PM
I spoke to someone who had done it, took a '96 or '97 310D and switched to 312D ECU and then had that remapped. I forget exactly what to, I think he said 160bhp first time but it was too much and he broke something so settled on something lower for the second attempt, which had been going for some time.

I don't have contact details I'm afraid so can't put you in touch. It's a pretty old engine though so I guess any decent tuner will already have some maps.

What sort of fuel economy are you getting and what units do you use?

Turbo John
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Can it be done? Anyone had experience of getting this done, did you get decent returns on fuel economy?

Call Keith at Green Diesel Engineering. He is in process with me.......I am very impressed.

Results are fantastic and we are just starting. I am getting about 23 MPG with an increase of power. Makes the Sprinter fun to drive in comparison to stock tune.

Boater
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Call Keith at Green Diesel Engineering. He is in process with me.......I am very impressed.

Results are fantastic and we are just starting. I am getting about 23 MPG with an increase of power. Makes the Sprinter fun to drive in comparison to stock tune.

He probably can't help this time since this model (and the OM602.980 engine in it) was never available in the US :frown: I guess the OP is in Europe or Oz, with a 4x4 ambulance I'm thinking most likely Oz.

To clarify I, and the person I spoke to are both in the UK.

Phooey
03-02-2013, 04:30 PM
UK Here :-)

I was tracking my MPG but havent been for the last 1000 miles or so as Ive not been tanking right up - but get anything from 22 - 27MPG If I can squeeze a bit better that would be nice, but I suspect Im already doign pretty well at that, especially since the van is almost at max permissible weight (got pulled and weighed by HMs Rozzers with the thing full packed including 2 passengers, and was told I could safely load up with another 200kg)

Phooey
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Oh and Boater, the ambo came form your way on, it was Scottish NHS owned originally.

Boater
03-02-2013, 09:34 PM
It's good to know they have 4x4's up here, I spend a lot of time racing on the beaches, I might need a 4x4 ambo one day.
That said most medevacs I've known have been by helicopter. Not that I ever intend to need one.

Boater
03-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Nearly forgot, I was getting about 27mpg from mine, not been out in it for a while.

Phooey
03-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Cheers Boater, I'll probably skip the ECU buggerance in favour of a fold out awning in that case :-)

Or maybe Ill get thge 12v/240v system a little better integrated :))

Phooey
03-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Cheers Boater, I'll probably skip the ECU buggerance in favour of a fold out awning in that case :-)

Or maybe Ill get thge 12v/240v system a little better integrated :))