Mobil 1 0w40 European Car Formula at Walmart

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
I just found out that Walmart started carying 0w40 for our T1N in 5 quarts bottles. They are around $25. Check your local store to save some money over the individual quart bottles.

When I occasionally visit the N.F. Walmart store I always check for Mobil 1 0w-40 Euro oil. They have had it the odd time, but mostly not.

I just did a search for the oil on their site. It is listed as in-store only, but can be ordered on-line and picked up. The 2 closest stores to me N.F. and North Tonawanda aren't eligible for pick-up because they don't stock it (quarts or jugs). The Amherst store (about 20 minutes from me) stocks it at $6.97/qt.

Euro formula and ESP seem to both be difficult to locate in our area, even when I check the stores mentioned on the forum. :idunno:

Pep Boys stocks both, but the price is usually 8 bucks n' change.

I watch for sales and opportunities to stock up now so I do OK. It sure would be nice if our local store carried it in jugs at the prices being mentioned in this thread. :cheers: vic

surlyoldbill

Sometimes the stores I go in are sold out or only have a few quarts. I started picking it up when I see it. I just changed oil, so I probably won't have to do it again untill Fall. $57.50 (before tax) vs $30 (before tax) for regular Delo oil. Delo needs to be changed every 10k, the 0-40 can go up to 25k (I change at 15k). In the long run, the 0-40 is actually cheaper to purchase, and MUCH better for your engine; so even cheaper to operate by reducing, preventing or minimizing repairs.

skill3

2006 Dodge T1N 2500 118"
What's the European formula? I checked the local WalMart and they had 10-40 and 15-50 in a 5qt. jug.

What's the European formula? I checked the local WalMart and they had 10-40 and 15-50 in a 5qt. jug.
Mobil 1 0w-40 European Car Formula is what they label it. It is MB 229.5 approved. Good for 2001 - 2006 NAFTA OM612 and OM647 2.7L 5 cylinder engines.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_0W-40.aspx

Mobil 1 5w-40 ESP (prominently displayed on the label) is low ash formula. It is MB229.51 approved. Good for all NAFTA Sprinters, but it is required for a Sprinter having a DPF Diesel Particulate Filter. All NAFTA OM642 3.0L 6 cylinder engines have come with an OEM DPF system.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_ESP_Formula_M_5W-40.aspx

Those two Mobil 1 products are not always stocked by many stores. vic

Last edited:

sailquik

surlyoldbill,
You wrote:
"Delo needs to be changed every 10k, the 0-40 can go up to 25k (I change at 15k). In the long run, the 0-40 is actually cheaper to purchase, and MUCH better for your engine; so even cheaper to operate by reducing, preventing or minimizing repairs."
OK, are you saying that 0w-40 Chevron Delo is MUCH BETTER for your engine.....or the other way around.... Mobil1 European Car Formula 0W-40 full synthetic is better?
Kind hard to tell as you only refer to it as 0w-40.
There are non Chevron "Delo" oils on the MB BEVO 229.5.
Also, for Vic,
The Mobil 1 5W-40 Emissions Systems Protection (ESP) is Formula M and as you suggest it's low ash (actually low SPASH) and is IMHO
the preferred engine oil for the OM-642 V6 3.0 liter Sprinters ('07-'13).
Roger

Last edited:

surlyoldbill

surlyoldbill,
You wrote:
"Delo needs to be changed every 10k, the 0-40 can go up to 25k (I change at 15k). In the long run, the 0-40 is actually cheaper to purchase, and MUCH better for your engine; so even cheaper to operate by reducing, preventing or minimizing repairs."
OK, are you saying that 0w-40 Chevron Delo is MUCH BETTER for your engine.....or the other way around.... Mobil1 European Car Formula 0W-40 full synthetic is better?
Kind hard to tell as you only refer to it as 0w-40.
There are non Chevron "Delo" oils on the MB BEVO 229.5.
Also, for Vic,
The Mobil 1 5W-40 Emissions Systems Protection (ESP) is Formula M and as you suggest it's low ash (actually low SPASH) and is IMHO
the preferred engine oil for the OM-642 V6 3.0 liter Sprinters ('07-'13).
Roger
I short-cut Mobil-1 0-40 European Formula to "0-40". I also short-cut Chevorn Delo to "Delo". I don't know if there is a Chevron Delo 0-40.

d_bertko

On my various trips across the country I have only seen the euro 0w-40 in SuperWalmarts and never in the regular Walmarts.

Good to hear a 5-qt jug was spotted. Which store?

Dan

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
On my various trips across the country I have only seen the euro 0w-40 in SuperWalmarts and never in the regular Walmarts.

Good to hear a 5-qt jug was spotted. Which store?

Dan
It was a Walmart in western Kentucky. Also there are some reports of big jugs spotted at Walmarts in South Dakota.

brassarl

2006 T1N 2500 Long & Tall
Seems here in Arizona the going Walmart price is up to $6.97 as of a couple weeks ago. Anywhere else adds minimum of $2 per quart. I saw the 0W40 Eu formula in 5 qt jugs at PepBoys in Yuma, they were considerably higher than singles at Walmart.

It was a Walmart in western Kentucky. Also there are some reports of big jugs spotted at Walmarts in South Dakota.
C'mon Ciprian,
You know all too well that you're being too much of a straight man for me to resist.

I think that I remember seeing those at Walmart.

Bounce.gif

vic

skill3

2006 Dodge T1N 2500 118"
I went by the Little Rock, AR WalMart Supercenter today. They had Mobil 1 0-40 5 qt jugs in stock. I picked up a couple.

EZoilburner

03 2500 158wb HR
I saw this thread some time ago and went to WM to see if I could get some for Me to find nothing, it was not until today that I found the last two 5qt bottles of Mobil european car formula for $24.97. They were in the gasoline oil section but I checked and they say 229.5 approved so I snatch them. When I first got the van I had to pay $44 for the same 5qt bottle, ouch.

Top Bottom