PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DAD.

Glow Plug
02-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Anyone in the Roswell, GA area with a DAD or DRB3 who can clear the P0702 code in the TCU? I'm buying lunch. I removed the transmission to track down a knocking sound and ran the engine without the trans connector installed, this triggered the LHM. The knock ended up being very loud piston slap due to a partially siezed piston pin. The engine is rebuilt now and everything put back together, thats the only code thats showing.

MillionMileSprinter
02-27-2013, 01:31 PM
check out the link to the Scantool Map in my signature at the bottom of this post. :thumbup:

Ciprian
02-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Anyone in the Roswell, GA area with a DAD or DRB3 who can clear the P0702 code in the TCU? I'm buying lunch. I removed the transmission to track down a knocking sound and ran the engine without the trans connector installed, this triggered the LHM. The knock ended up being very loud piston slap due to a partially siezed piston pin. The engine is rebuilt now and everything put back together, thats the only code thats showing.

I just passed through there yesterday. I go down there pretty often, so, if you don't get it sorted by then, I will do it for you.

Glow Plug
02-28-2013, 04:48 AM
I just passed through there yesterday. I go down there pretty often, so, if you don't get it sorted by then, I will do it for you.

Going towards Villa Rica? Thanks for the offer, I might have a friend of a friend come over and do it before the weekend, if not I'll let you know. Thanks.

skydiver007
02-28-2013, 11:12 AM
buy yourself a scanguage and do it yourself or take it to any auto parts store and they can clear the code.

Aqua Puttana
02-28-2013, 12:54 PM
buy yourself a scanguage and do it yourself or take it to any auto parts store and they can clear the code.
The Scangauge and most all generic scan tools will not be able to communicate with the TCM to reset any codes stored there. Generic scan tools may reset the transmission related companion codes found in the ECM, but most of the time that is not enough to make the transmission happy and return it to normal operation.

The Snap-on scan tool with proper access accessories may be able to do it. Many independent shops have Snap-on scan tools. Not all have the access add-ons needed For Sprinters. FWIW. vic

Glow Plug
02-28-2013, 01:11 PM

I have Vag-Com diagnostic software on my laptop for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda from Ross-tech. I use it on my TDI's but it also doubles as a generic scan tool, I use it on my sprinter but will not access other modules besides the ECU. Aqua-Puttana said it good.

Glow Plug
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Well I got it looked at with a star c3 scanner and it couldn't communicate with the TCU, further investigation showed tranny oil being pushed up to the TCU, the tech said the main culprit is the conductor plate and not the connector as most people think. Reading other mercedes forums about this issue people say its the connector.:thinking: What do you guys think? The tech also said to clean the TCU and harness with brake cleaner to restore communication if the TCU is still good.

Dougflas
03-04-2013, 02:08 AM
Well I got it looked at with a star c3 scanner and it couldn't communicate with the TCU, further investigation showed tranny oil being pushed up to the TCU, the tech said the main culprit is the conductor plate and not the connector as most people think. Reading other mercedes forums about this issue people say its the connector.:thinking: What do you guys think? The tech also said to clean the TCU and harness with brake cleaner to restore communication if the TCU is still good.

Brake cleaner scares me. Try electrical contact cleaner from radio shack. You can even try flux remover. It won't destroy electrical components or boards.