PDA

View Full Version : Odometer stopped working

kitesurfer
02-25-2013, 08:03 AM
As per the title the lcd readout on the dashboard for the odometer is no longer showing. Anyone else had this or know anything about how i can get it working again please?

KS

llmaurice
02-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Possibilty that the memory battery built into the cluster has gone down.

kitesurfer
02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Sounds possible, is it easy to find and replace do you know please? Thanks.

KS

kitesurfer
02-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Forgot to mention i have checked the fuses under the steering wheel and my sprinter is Mk1 T1n

KS

Boater
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Could be the backlight bulb for the LCD, probably a type 509 (Halfords sell them in I think 1.2W but other power ratings are available if your search online).
You are going to need to remove the instrument panel - I did it about 6 months ago but can't remember how now. I think our fascias are in one piece, you might need to remove the whole lot (I did because I wanted to remove and flush the heater matrix). Doesn't sound right but could be.

Do we have brightness control for the dash? I need to get my van back on the road, I can't even rememeber now! If so make sure it isn't turned right down, has foxed a few people on different vehicles!

kitesurfer
02-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Could be the backlight bulb for the LCD, probably a type 509 (Halfords sell them in I think 1.2W but other power ratings are available if your search online).

Hi Boater you might be right as i noticed last night in the dark that the numbers are still very faintly visible so the odometer is clearly still working but just not visible during daylight. Thanks.

KS