Electric Leveling

tbird56

Does anyone have a Unity with Electric levelers on it? I want to order a U24TB and it has
Electric levers as an option. Put before I order it, I would like to know if it is worth getting
them. My wife doesn't the way ours moves when we move around in it. Mark

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
Does anyone have a Unity with Electric levelers on it? I want to order a U24TB and it has
Electric levers as an option. Put before I order it, I would like to know if it is worth getting
I think the option is stabilizers and my Serenity model has them. They don't level the RV, just two hydraulic feet slowly drop to stabilize the RV and they reduce the rocking. To my knowledge, levelers are not available for the LTV models... Al

tbird56

Sorry, you are right. They are called stabilizer jacks. So guess they just stabilize. So do
they work very well or not? Some input would be very helpful. Thanks

aljimenez

I wouldn't say "very well" since there is still some sway; all tires remain on the ground. There is a lot less rocking, but it is not totally gone. I think you cannot have them if you order the diesel gen.

Last edited:

tdew

We have them on our 2013 Unity MB. I agree that they do not completely stop the rocking but it sure does reduce it.

PortlandRV

2012 and 2016 IB
We also have the stabilizers on our IB. Since we don't have a slide there is less side to side sway. Much better than no stabilizers. We stepped into a Navion IQ at an RV show with no stabilizers and it felt like you were on a boat! I'm a fan.

Peter Tourin

2020 Unity RL, ex 2012 Unity MB
I noticed an oddity about the stabilizers on the last day of our trip. I could swear that there's supposed to be an interlock so you can drive away with the stabilizers down - but on our very last morning when I went to move the rig from our campsite to a winter storage area, I forgot to bring the stabilizers up, and they didn't automatically retract when I started the engine, put the rig into gear and started moving. What's the deal - is there any sort of idiot protection or not?

aljimenez

Ours do retract (the retraction is very slow, just as the extension) if the key is moved to the start position. Something is not correct in yours... Al

PortlandRV

2012 and 2016 IB
I noticed an oddity about the stabilizers on the last day of our trip. I could swear that there's supposed to be an interlock so you can drive away with the stabilizers down - but on our very last morning when I went to move the rig from our campsite to a winter storage area, I forgot to bring the stabilizers up, and they didn't automatically retract when I started the engine, put the rig into gear and started moving. What's the deal - is there any sort of idiot protection or not?
If you start the engine with the stabilizers down, they should automatically begin retracting as soon as you turn the ignition key. If they didn't, then you have a faulty safety switch. There should also be a red indicator light next to the rear camera switch in the cab. This should be illuminated when you have the keys in the ignition and in the ACC or start engine position.

Peter Tourin

2020 Unity RL, ex 2012 Unity MB
Thanks - I must have a faulty safety switch. I remember at least one time when I turned the key and heard them retract - that's how I knew they retracted. I also remember seeing the dash indicator. But I had my mind on so many details on this first trip that I didn't get the stabilizers sorted out - but I was sure surprised when I started driving that last morning and heard them scraping...

blue

2011 LTV Unity CB
I was parked with the stabilizers down when a wind storm came overnight. The Unity was rocking a lot in spite of the stabilizers. I had to press the up and down switch a number of times before they retracted. Immediately bought a large crescent wrench in case they got jammed down and needed to be manually retracted.

Unity Traveler

2013 LTV Unity Twin Bed
We have the 2013 Unity TB with Diesel Generator, as well as the Stabilizers. The Stabilizers will retract once the key is in the start position, however it is a slow process. Also can be turned off manually if you remember that they are in the down position.

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
There is a company that will install levelers on Sprinters, HWH corp. Lots of Via's and Reyo's install them, the factory is really close to Winnebago. Perhaps the Serenity and Unity weigh too much, or they thought it was better to use the weight capacity for other things on the LTV models. Perhaps no one has tried it yet and someone needs to be the pioneer.

-Randy

ScoCan

We have a 2014 Unity CB with both the diesel genset and electric stabilizers installed by LTV.

The stabilizers are electric and use a horizontal acme thread to extend the foot and a current monitor to know when each foot is down. (Current increases as the feet bottom out).

Here is the manual for the Stabi-Lite 8450 - as installed on our rig.

Here is a Leveling Guide I created for our rig - and should work for other 906/NCV3 LWB rigs.

I use this Android App to get the degrees off level. I'm sure there are a plethora of other reasonable apps.

The stabilizers have quite good vertical travel. We have always been able to effectively lower them, even when up on blocks.

On our unit there is a red LED next to the rear camera switch that lights when the jacks are down and the key is in run or start. The jacks autoretract when the key is turned to start.

rdvan@sbcglobal.net

2017 Unity MB
Complete waste of money. Now if you are big people they might help a little, but being mounted the way they have to be mounted negates most of the benefit and they add a lot of unnecessary weight. I ordered them and never use them. Also, I have a diesel generator.
R. D. Vanderslice
2014 Unity MB

Top Bottom