PDA

View Full Version : Houston/san antonio, tx sprinter techs? For water pump replacement/trans fluid change

sterling
02-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Any Houston or San Antonio Area Sprinter techs you might recommend to change my water pump out after 106,000 miles, change the transmission fluid, torque converter, & associated gaskets...also flush the radiator and check it out, as well as chasing a brake MIL that has stayed on after a brake job for no apparent reason....I would like to watch the work and ask lots of stupid questions..thanks for any ideas. :popcorn:

Old Crows
02-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Boerne Mercedes Benz, Boerne Tx has several I understand. They do work on Sprinters.... Not the cheapest rodeo in town. Doubt if you could get on the floor and kibbitz. At their hourly rate, I want the guy workin.....while I savor the Starbucks and take in the eye candy....

theburgboy
02-25-2013, 02:19 AM
I know its a little ways off of IH 10 but mercedes of george town is very good and they did allow me in the shop when they programed a cruise control I installed and only charged me 125.00 to program it. They are on IH 35 north of Austin

theburgboy
02-25-2013, 02:22 AM
By the way I have a dad and have changed my own trans fluid. As a matter of fact I have changed a complete engine in my 2004 sprinter. I am on IH 10 halfway between San Antonio and Houston. If you would like to talk PM me and I send you my number

sterling
03-03-2013, 01:49 AM
By the way I have a dad and have changed my own trans fluid. As a matter of fact I have changed a complete engine in my 2004 sprinter. I am on IH 10 halfway between San Antonio and Houston. If you would like to talk PM me and I send you my number

thanks for the offer Burgboy.. I am going to man up and attempt. The tranny fluid change ala DIY... The water pump Ill show a local mechanic reads from this excellent forum and be there to offer moral support. Happy Texas Independence Day!!! :thumbup: