View Full Version : What kind filter is that?

02-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Hi,everybody!On my 05 Sprinter with 468k on clock,I find oil leak from under injector plastic cover.I have few pictures to better explanation.
First think-injector leak,but...
After removing plastic,I find the leak from under big plastic thing(For air re-circulation,looks like) and oil under it leaking on exhaust manifold.
Inside I find the small filter clogged with gunk.
I just clean it up (let it sit in regular fuel for few hours,then blast it by compressed air) and set everything back.
My question : I could not find in any part# for that filter in any part locator catalog.And second question:anybody now how much oil can to be there and why?
I want to add: almost no oil consumption between oil changes is observed.
Any ideas,advise.Thanks!

02-17-2013, 03:57 AM
That's for blowby oil knockout. Oil that is collected drains back to engine. Oil that escapes goes with blowby gases to turbo inlet.