PDA

View Full Version : My 08 is in the works

kmessinger
01-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Got a 2500 cargo today from Sportsmobile. It will go onto their line in about 2 weeks and be off the line towards the end of April. Brilllant Silver in color with aluminum wheels that I am having powder coated to black.

Gads, what a long wait!

I decided not to order one and wait as I was worried about supply line interuptions. This one had almost everything I wanted and since I expect instant gratification I hesitated about 1 second.

BTW, if you ever get to Fresno stop and see the operation at Sportsmobile. Quite a production line with Fords and Sprinters. Jimmy Buffet has a margarita colored 4wd Ford being built up there. Also they told me that by next year they will have an all-wheel drive conversion for the Sprinter.

Regards,

Keith

sikwan
01-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Gads, what a long wait!

Congratulations Keith! Look forward to seeing it when it's done.

Also they told me that by next year they will have an all-wheel drive conversion for the Sprinter.

I guess they're talking about the NCV3? Not that I could afford getting one for my T1N, but it's nice to know that it's possible. :smirk:

unimog
01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Keith, congratulations on your new sprinter. I took delivery on mine this week and is still checking out the controls. It is also brilliant silver with the alum wheels. Was able to operate the fired heating system amd the adjustable speed control for the engine. Still have to program the remote for the heater and figure out the rear heater controls. HID lights are very bright and looks good. Sound 20 system sounds good . Still have to figure out how to operate the 6 disk cd player and not sure the phone system is compatible with US phones

unimog
01-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Here are a few pics of my 2500 passenger van that I just got5703

Altered Sprinter
01-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Very nice.:clapping:
Richard