help on a brake controller on a 04 sprinter

sailfish1982

its appears i have a factory hitch with a 7 pin plug in the the back. im trying to install a brake controller campimg world sold me a dodge wiring adaptor which i knew was wrong but i will take it back tomorrow. what is the easiest way to hook this up. i briefly looked under my driver seat and didnt see this green plug i have read about. i believe im going to have to run a wire from the cab to the 7 wire plug since only 4 or 5 wires are going to it.

I was in your same situation a while back. I ended up finding a black plug, and a green plug floating around under the seat. With a bit of wire testing was able to grab a signal that gave me all functions of a 7 way, without ecu interference. I tapped into those and all was well-Marc

... i believe im going to have to run a wire from the cab to the 7 wire plug since only 4 or 5 wires are going to it.
You will need to run a wire from the brake controller to the 7 pin connector. I would suggest using a #10 awg wire size. Sailquik has suggested that anything smaller may not support the load of the electric brakes if on all four trailer wheels. A larger wire can only help in all situations. There is a boot under the driver seat which some have used to route the wire down and out to get to the 7 pin connector.

I know that the where to connect for the brake controller input signal has been discussed here in other threads. Use the search in the blue bar above. I'd suggest an advanced search in T1N Write-ups first. That should narrow the hits.

Have fun. vic

Top Bottom