PDA

View Full Version : What wheels are these?

Boz Staggs
02-04-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm trying to locate and price these wheels. They're the ones that Outside Van uses. Does anyone know what they are and where to get them? Thanks in advance.

http://www.outsidevan.com/images/exterior/bfg-tires.jpg

gary 32
02-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Optional MB alloys painted.
6 lugs NCV 3.

Aqua Puttana
02-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Not the same finish, but similar design?

http://www.originalwheels.com/dodge-wheels/sprinter2500rims-2009.php

Chandlerazman
02-04-2013, 10:07 PM
I concur with the factory optional wheels. They look good in that color.

Boz Staggs
02-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks, Amigos.

I found used factory optional wheels for my 2006 T1N on originalwheels.com. That's a great site, since I'm going to save $500.00 off the local dealer quote. I plan to have them powder coated like in the picture I posted, then put on Good Year Wrangler Silent Armors.

Now I need center caps and lug nuts.

jdcaples
02-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks, Amigos.

I found used factory optional wheels for my 2006 T1N on originalwheels.com. That's a great site, since I'm going to save $500.00 off the local dealer quote. I plan to have them powder coated like in the picture I posted, then put on Good Year Wrangler Silent Armors.

Now I need center caps and lug nuts.

... and you might want to remember that NCV3s are US/Canadian 2007 forward, 2006 forward in other markets.

You're in the NCV3 section if you're reading this.

The wheels in the picture won't work for your T1N. I'm sure someone in the T1N section can help you with the acquisition of center caps and lug nuts.

At 12:41 PM on 04-Feb-2012 in the Introduce Yourself (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59) thread, page 12 posting 476

Hi Everyone,

I thought this would be a good start for me on the forum because I think I'll be asking for a lot of advice in the coming days. My wife and I just purchased an 06 T1n 158 WB passenger van with about 70k miles. We're planning an interior upgrade, possible with Outside Van. We live in Portland, Oregon, and plan to use the van for family adventure. We windsurf, surf, ski, bike, and hike. Our son is 10 months old, and we plan to have another in the not too distant future. Thanks for the great forum!

Tyler "Boz" Staggs

-Jon

Boz Staggs
02-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks, Jon. I had posted in the T1N forum because that's what I have, but the message was moved because I attached a picture of an NCV3 wheel. I don't know how to move it back. Nevertheless, the information that I got in the replies helped me track down the right wheel. The ones that I found are the five spoke OEM aluminum wheel for my vehicle, as opposed to the six-spoke wheel in the picture. I had the dealer check the VIN to make sure that I found the right wheel. Thanks for watching out, though.

Aqua Puttana
02-04-2013, 11:25 PM
... I don't know how to move it back. ...
Given the NCV3 wheel pictures it should probably stay right here in NCV3 anyway.
(You can't move it.)

Good catch by Jon. :thumbup:

Glad you got the correct wheels. vic

Edit: Boz rocks (rolls?) on with his wheels here.

Wheels Continued
http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24914

Holaday
02-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Just ordered 4 of those from Genuine Mercedes Parts, they are only 96 bucks each plus 15 for the center cap and you also have to buy the longer alloy wheel bolts.

935dc
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Just ordered 4 of those from Genuine Mercedes Parts, they are only 96 bucks each plus 15 for the center cap and you also have to buy the longer alloy wheel bolts.

Did you order online or call it in? If you have a POC there let me know as Im looking for a set. Thats a great price.

jdcaples
02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm reminded of the time when I was considering changing wheels. Seems like forever ago.

I contacted a vendor. I told him about my Sprinter - year, model - and that I have six lug bolts in what ever pattern nomenclature is in the owners manual. He corrected me and said "lug nuts."

He went on to say all Sprinters use the same hardware: five lug nuts and as such his wheels would fit.... his 15 inch, five hole wheels would work fine. I was offered "a great deal."

He concluded with a challenge. Go and look at your van, see that I'm right and call me back.

I hope he held his breath.

Actually, he did me a favor. I haven't felt the need to do a cosmetic alteration since then.

-Jon

Chandlerazman
02-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Jon, personally, I like the look of the Sprinters with the stock wheels. Something about the Euro appearance. Out here we have been getting "Californicated" with optional chrome 24's on almost any car any dealership sells. I hate huge custom chrome wheels on new cars.
Your van color and wheels look awesome in my book.

Aqua Puttana
02-05-2013, 02:25 PM
...Your van color and wheels look awesome in my book.
Yep! :thumbup: And the Freightliner grill style and badging has always looked better to me than any other I've seen. vic

Holaday
02-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Did you order online or call it in? If you have a POC there let me know as Im looking for a set. Thats a great price.

I spoke with Jason there and completed the order online. Bill for the 4 Alloy wheels,centre caps and 24 alloy longer wheel bolts was about 550. Shipping was kinda expensive at 160 but they are in Georgia and I will be picking up the wheels in Blaine WA. Gonna get them Powder Coated black graphite to match the mouldings and bumper.

jdcaples
02-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Shipping was kinda expensive at 160 but they are in Georgia ...

If 160 is kinda expensive, how much is "a good deal?"

-Jon

Holaday
02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
If 160 is kinda expensive, how much is "a good deal?"

-Jon

Free shipping is always a good deal. I didn't really shop around that much not sure if I could have found them on the west coast for that price. Those wheels are a $1000 option up here in Canada. So I'm ok with 160 for shipping. Hopefully I can get them into Canada without paying a ton of duty.

Aqua Puttana
02-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Free shipping is always a good deal. I didn't really shop around that much not sure if I could have found them on the west coast for that price. Those wheels are a $1000 option up here in Canada. So I'm ok with 160 for shipping. Hopefully I can get them into Canada without paying a ton of duty.
It is illegal to have something ordered by, and delivered to a friend in the USA for you. I know that because I live in a border town and my Canadian friends would never ask me to do such a thing to save money.

Good luck with your wheels. vic

Holaday
02-05-2013, 08:17 PM
It is illegal to have something ordered by, and delivered to a friend in the USA for you. I know that because I live in a border town and my Canadian friends would never ask me to do such a thing to save money.

Don't worry no laws have been broken in my attempt to have Bling wheels on my Sprinter. My comment about paying duty was with regards to the individual Custom's officer sometimes they will not charge duty if you have been out of country long enough or if they are in a generous mood that day. The wheels were bought by me, for me shipped to a parcel service in Blaine.

jdcaples
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Don't worry no laws have been broken in my attempt to have Bling wheels on my Sprinter. My comment about paying duty was with regards to the individual Custom's officer sometimes they will not charge duty if you have been out of country long enough or if they are in a generous mood that day. The wheels were bought by me, for me shipped to a parcel service in Blaine.

I think Vic means, "The Parcel Service" is your friend :)

jdcaples
02-05-2013, 10:04 PM

Ah, I see. Just curious: Would you have paid $40.00 more for each wheel if the shipping was "free?"

-Jon

WPJ
02-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I spoke with Jason there and completed the order online. Bill for the 4 Alloy wheels,centre caps and 24 alloy longer wheel bolts was about 550. Shipping was kinda expensive at 160 but they are in Georgia and I will be picking up the wheels in Blaine WA. Gonna get them Powder Coated black graphite to match the mouldings and bumper.

Holaday

Can you give us the website and part numbers you ordered?

Thanks

Holaday
02-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Holaday

Can you give us the website and part numbers you ordered?

Thanks

I'll try, here is the link to the website page

https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com/parts/2011/MERCEDES-BENZ/SPRINTER%202500/?siteid=215306&vehicleid=1502800&diagram=5910245

Part #3 is the Alloy Wheel
Part #9 is the Wheel Cap for the Alloy Wheel
Part #4 is the Longer Bolt for Alloy Wheel

I still need to buy TPMS for each wheel as well. They are about $67 a piece from Ryder Fleet. This is all info I got from another forum member here who posted a thread on his Sprinter build on a different forum. Hope this helps.

WPJ
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Cool thanks my local dealer wants 540.00cnd per rim. I think you got a great deal

bcislander
02-05-2013, 11:39 PM

AFAIK, there's nothing illegal about ordering & having items delivered to a friend or parcel drop service in the USA. Guilty as charged, many times. :smilewink:

The illegal part comes when trying to cross back into Canada without declaring the items, that is definitely not worth the potential legal & financial trouble.

Aqua Puttana
02-06-2013, 12:34 AM
AFAIK, there's nothing illegal about ordering & having items delivered to a friend or parcel drop service in the USA. Guilty as charged, many times. :smilewink:
True.

The illegal part comes when trying to cross back into Canada without declaring the items, that is definitely not worth the potential legal & financial trouble.
That is why I would never, ever suggest to do that nor ever have done it for anyone in the past.

:dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm: :dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm: :dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm: :dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm::dripsarcasm: :dripsarcasm:

It just isn't worth the risk.

vic