Water in fuel filter?

A.Hayes

Re: Bleeding fuel filter

I'm about ready to make the filter switch to eliminate the WIF and drain plug... but out of curiosity, has anyone out there actually ever had to drain water from the filter? I sure haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:

rlent

Re: Bleeding fuel filter

I'm about ready to make the filter switch to eliminate the WIF and drain plug... but out of curiosity, has anyone out there actually ever had to drain water from the filter? I sure haven't.
Never once in 397,000+ miles ... but then if one is treating their fuel it may contain a water dispersant which would render the water trap in the fuel filter essentially useless for anything other than huge amounts of water in the fuel ...

Dingo

Peered into my fuel tank afer 300,000 miles plenty of debris ( posted elsewhere ) around & in lift pipe sump BUT no water at all .

Do not think we have this problem in UK & i definately do not use fuel conditioners , fuel costs enough as it is . The only times I have encountered water in diesel is in plant machinery filled using any old barrel , bucket , watering can & in boats due to condensation .

I wait to be corrected by a deluge of contradictory replies

:professor:

Boater

My car has a tap and every 2 years following the service schedule I drain a little off to check for water but haven't found any yet (done it twice now), and I used supermarket diesel in that for a long time which some people suspect is cut with water.

Top Bottom