PDA

View Full Version : PDC ?

EZoilburner
01-31-2013, 01:22 AM
While reading some old/new threads about it I came upon one with a picture describing fuses 1-6, turns out the far left 200A is the alternator fuse which happened to be missing from the block I don't see any other wires taped on instead and I remember not long ago I checked the battery terminals to see the voltage with the engine running and it was 13.--volts at idle with the light ON so somehow the wires is connected to the battery just not to the fuse block.

I started the van many times since I bought it and drove few hundred miles already so the system must be charging it just worries Me the entire wire is missing and possibly with no fuse.

Course of action...

Thanks.

mendonsy
01-31-2013, 02:32 AM
Well .......... That's where the wire coming from the alternator should go. I guess your first issue is to find out where it actually is (and maybe why).

EZoilburner
01-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Turns out the 200A fuse is there but on fuse #4 and now that one is missing instead.

autostaretx
01-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Turns out the 200A fuse is there but on fuse #4 and now that one is missing instead.
Unless you have the factory Auxiliary Battery Rear Air Conditioner, there is one unused position on that fuse block
(usually position 4, with an 80 amp fuse)

So when the (fire? overheating due to loose/bad connection?) damaged the Number 1 position, they apparently just moved it over to 4.

--dick

EZoilburner
01-31-2013, 07:10 PM
No auxiliary battery, so that explains why #4 position was used instead. Thanks.

I will be adding a additional battery later powered by a solenoid to avoid discharging the main battery.

autostaretx
01-31-2013, 07:17 PM
My apologies (i posted, then checked the manuals)... postion 4 is for a Rear Air Conditioner.
MB wires the Aux Battery Isolator directly to the positive post of the starter battery... no fuse.

--dick