PDA

View Full Version : Source for Turbo Charger and Actuator?

skill3
01-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know of a reliable source for a new/reman turbo and new turbo actuator? I did search but didn't find what I was looking for.
Thanks

autostaretx
01-30-2013, 01:55 AM
There have been listings on eBay that folks have referred to (and occasionally reported good luck with)

There's also Berry Sprinter... they provide 10 to 20% discounts through their internet parts shop:
http://www.sprinterparts.net/oem-sprinter-parts.html

--dick (who used Berry back in 2006)

sailquik
01-30-2013, 02:28 AM
skill3,
Try Turbocharger Pros....they seem to have good prices and some warranty.
http://www.turbochargerpros.com/addtocart/2005_Dodge/Sprinter_Van/Turbocharger/40-30108.html
What make you think you need an entire turbocharger?
What are your symptoms or codes on DAD or DRB-III.
(Maybe even the MB SDS system).
Sprinter turbochargers are a very reliable assembly and many have been replaced when there was really nothing
wrong with the turbo itself.
Leaks in the plumbing....leaks in the Charge Air Cooler....frozen electronic actuator linkage are the most common problems.
Have you checked out your turbo resonator? That is the #1 problem that makes people think the turbocharger needs to be replaced.
What is your current boost pressure?
Is the vane actuator bell crank on the front side of the cast iron turbo housing moving as you have someone rev your engine.
You can also buy the actuator seperately or even used.
Roger

skill3
01-30-2013, 10:21 PM
I just bought the van. The seller had told me about the problem. There is a clicking noise in the turbo area. No CEL's. Power is fine. He took it to his Sprinter mechanic. The mechanic diagnosed it as a faulty turbo actuator. The mechanic said he could only replace the actuator with the turbo as a unit. The cost $2500. The seller asked me what I wanted to do. I chose to not do anything. The mechanic had said that he would keep driving it until there was a failure. It drives fine, turbo kicks in. There are no problems except the clicking noise at idle. As soon as you accelerate, the noise goes away. Of course, it could be hard to hear with the normal engine noise. Thanks for any advice.