PDA

View Full Version : T1N Transmission Sloppy when cold, shifts great after warming up.

Coast2Coast
01-27-2013, 02:05 AM
Seems like out of the 3 2006 sprinter vans I have owned they all shift a little temperamental when cold and after hitting 110 they shift much smoother. I think I may be due for a fluid change soon. Also I've been driving in 0-20 degree weather in Chicago and Detroit area. Any experiences similarities?

sailquik
01-27-2013, 02:29 AM
What exactly is a "sloppy shift".
My 2006 rasied the shift points a little when temps were < 110 deg. F, but nothing like the huge alteration in shift ponts when cold you find in the later NCV3's.
When did you last change the fluid, and what fluid did you use to replenish what you drained out of the trans and torque converter?
Roger

Coast2Coast
01-27-2013, 03:42 AM
What exactly is a "sloppy shift".
My 2006 rasied the shift points a little when temps were < 110 deg. F, but nothing like the huge alteration in shift ponts when cold you find in the later NCV3's.
When did you last change the fluid, and what fluid did you use to replenish what you drained out of the trans and torque converter?
Roger

By sloppy shift I mean rough, like not a smooth shift.
Fluid was changed 40k ago, I'm due for one as soon as I make it home. It was done at a mercedes dealer back then. I've only owned it since last summer but the record was documented on carfax and I called the dealer to confirm exactly when they did it. I'm going to use Shell ATF Mercedes Approved that I already have. I thought about selling that and getting mercedes oem. Do you know who makes the Mercedes transmission fluid?