PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Valves

ATDSTP
01-26-2013, 08:47 PM
2007 2500 with 158k miles on it, purchased in May of 2010 with 16k. Used in the parcel delivery business since. Never any issues with the egr valve, replaced 2 glow plugs and the modulater, 1 caliper, ball joints, tie rod ends, turbo hose, serpentine belt. Tranny flushed at 30k, 90k @ 150k, new fuel filter @ 40k, 90k & 150k, oil/filter every 10k. Run 235/85/16 @ 70psi, 20-22mpg summer, 18.5-19.5 mpg winter. Never idle the engine for more than 2 mins at stops, I shut it down at long RR crossing waits. Started to lose aceleration on freeway ramps and uphill grades about 3 months ago, got around it by using the tranny manualy to get up to speed, truck will cruise all day @ 70mpg empty or hauling 2k lbs. When I had the tranny flushed I had them look into the aceleration issue, I was told the swirl valves were stuck and that was the main cause of my lack of aceleration. The fix is to replace the intake manifolds because the swirl valves are not a replaceable item and they have to pull the engine to replace the intake manifolds. Idler pulley bearing went out and destoyed my <30k serpentine belt on Wednesday. Had it towed in to fix everything and it should be ready on Monday. Simple question, anybody else have problems with the swirl valves freezing up? And if so at how many miles?
Happy new year to everyone. :cheers:

shanemac
01-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Yep had both manifolds changed on mine I had about 60000km my van would start idle and drive fine except trying to climb hills and trying to gain speed quickly. It was a huge job but didn't have to pull engine they did have to pull trans because a bolt for turbo was seized or had some clearance issue. My repair was covered under warranty.

sailquik
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
ADTSTP,
When you get it back, try running it up to => 3200 RPM shift points a few times each day when you engine is fully warmed up to 190 deg. F.
You can manually shift it, but it seems better to just use the auto shift and keep the throttle pedal down until it reach > 3200 RPM. then lift a little and
let it upshift....then do the same in the other gears.
Do you run any sort of radiator screen in the winter?
Kinda cold up there in MN.
Might be good to run with 30-50% of the radiator covered (like the big trucks do) to get the temps up to ~ 190 deg. F.
Not sure if your 2007 runs @ 190 deg. F, but all of my 2010 and later NCV3's have run 190-192 deg. F on the thermostat.
2006 T1N was about 10 deg cooler on the thermostat (i.e. ~ 180-185 deg. F.
Running a bit warmer, and running enough RPM to clear out the intake and exhaust a bit seems to work for me!
Doing this could prevent your new swirl valves from getting gunked up!
Roger

abittenbinder
01-26-2013, 10:01 PM
2007 2500 with 158k miles on it I was told the swirl valves were stuck and that was the main cause of my lack of aceleration.

To help clarify this issue- the failure of the actual swirl valves does not directly cause the power loss.

The power loss is due to ECM commanded (turbo boost shut off) Limp Home Mode resulting from swirl valve seizure (sensed by the ECM as lack of linkage movement).

The ECM monitors swirl valve actuation via sensors on the swirl valve linkage. The linkage is moved by an electric actuator motor.

When these valves are coked, no amount of force will move their plastic linkage.

These 6 valves (simultaneously operated in 2 groups of 3) are an emission control device whose sole function is to promote turbulence in the combustion chamber which in turn helps reduce soot formation.

Failure of these valves to move results in a very expensive and time consuming (10+ hour) replacement of (usually) both intake manifolds, which themselves are not inexpensive parts.

The materials involved and lack of internal access make bench cleaning of the seized original valve/manifold assemblies impractical.

I see this failure all too often.

Doktor A

owner
01-26-2013, 10:49 PM
The flaps are only there for EGR. They shutoff to promote mixing of EGR and clean air into the cyl. They open to allow the maifold to be cleared of egr gas quicker when you decide to floor it. They arent needed other than during active EGR.

They can be deleted after an EGR delete. The risk is that the EGR soot/oil vapour grinding paste eventually wears them so much that they fall out and get ingested by the engine.

This is on CDI2 and 3, id imagine 4 is the same, since there is no benefit to swirling clean air on a diesel, unlike gasoline.

Plenty of people are deleting them on the UK MB fora for years now. It was mostly triggered by BMW, who used metal flaps (MB used plastic) which guaranteed total engine failure when they broke free. With MB you have a better chance of the flap making its way right through.

shanemac
01-27-2013, 12:14 AM
I’m not positive anything will help or stop this type of thing from happening, with my van I drive it like I stole it numerous times during the day to keep things breathing and circulating as much as possible I always did my best to make sure engine got up to operating temps, I didn't idle for long periods of time and I run a fuel additive, also the dealership done all the oil changes with the proper oil, I use fresh high turnover diesel fuel stations.

Doktor A I was wondering have replacement manifolds/swirl valves been standing up better than the originals meaning is there a less chance of seizing/ buildup because of an "improvement" with part or if there is any revision. Is there a treatment system that can be flushed through the manifolds egr system as preventive maintenance? Do you recommend something such as BG product or is there another one time treatment flush out there on the market that could be done when a engine oil service is needed.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37685&d=1317695353.jpg

abittenbinder
01-27-2013, 05:15 AM
The flaps are only there for EGR. They shutoff to promote mixing of EGR and clean air into the cyl. They open to allow the maifold to be cleared of egr gas quicker when you decide to floor it. They arent needed other than during active EGR.

I suspect you are confusing a different valve, the 642's external EGR throttle valve, with the 6 small swirl valves (made of metal) located internally and fully integrated in the base of the 642's right and left intake manifolds.

The EGR throttle valve meters the flow of fresh incoming air into the engine during EGR flow.

The actual EGR valve meters exhaust gas for recirculation into the intake tract.

Doktor A

abittenbinder
01-27-2013, 05:36 AM
Doktor A I was wondering have replacement manifolds/swirl valves been standing up better than the originals meaning is there a less chance of seizing/ buildup because of an "improvement" with part or if there is any revision.

Is there a treatment system that can be flushed through the manifolds egr system as preventive maintenance? Do you recommend something such as BG product or is there another one time treatment flush out there on the market that could be done when a engine oil service is needed.

As I mentioned above, these swirl valves have nothing to do with the EGR system.

The right and left intake manifolds each have a conventional intake port matched to each cylinder head's intake port.

There are also a second set of auxiliary intake ports (one per cylinder) which are throttled by small throttle butterflies. These small metal butterflies are the swirl valves.

At low engine speeds the swirl valves are closed by the actuator (controlled by the ECM).

This low rpm restrictive throttling of these auxiliary intake ports allows greater charge velocity through the normal intake ports, which creates added turbulence in the combustion chamber, thereby reducing soot formation.

At higher engine speeds the swirl valves open, allowing the greater air volume needed by the engine to reach the cylinders.

Doktor A

owner
01-27-2013, 05:41 AM
No, its the "swirl" flaps in the manifold im talking about, inside each inlet runner into the head. They are only there to promote mixing of fresh air and egr gasses, to minimise pockets of fresh air that would otherwise produce more NOx.

In normal non-egr operation there is no need for swirl, because there is no such thing as mixture (on a Diesel) EDIT and no need for narrow inlet runners on a a turbo diesel.

gottahavabenz
01-27-2013, 10:49 AM
So as 642 owners, what can we do proactively to combat against swirl valve issues? I would love to avoid the 10 hours of labor and parts.

Ace in the hole
01-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Doktor A, would it be safe say that if these valves failure is caused by coking up that they are effected by the egr then since the egr is the main source of contaminates that get introduced into the intake airways? If true, its another reason to do away with the egr in my opinion

dukepilot
01-27-2013, 04:47 PM
EGR flow and oily crankcase vapors as well as oil leaking from the turbo inlet seal onto the swirl valve actuator have all been discussed as causes to different kinds of swirl valve failure. In some cases, the actual valves get stuck due to soot/carbon deposits, in other cases, the swirl valve actuator quits working.

The Chrysler 300 guys over in the UK have figured out how to deal with swirl valve actuator failure by locking the swirl valves open on their OM642 equipped sedans. They have been using a resistor inserted in the swirl valve actuator harness connector to trick the ECU. This mod has also been successful on Jeep Grand Cherokee CRDs (also OM642 powered) and has saved many Jeep owners from expensive repairs. More info here... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/jeep-om642-crd-performance-mods-1411857/#post14099312

Since the Sprinter and Jeep share the same swirl valve actuator, it may be possible for this mod to also work on the Sprinter. As I understand it, there are some other differences in the swirl valve linkage (Hall sensors on the linkage) that are unique to the Sprinter so some additional modifications might be necessary to get this mod to work.

abittenbinder
01-27-2013, 08:22 PM
As I understand it, there are some other differences in the swirl valve linkage (Hall sensors on the linkage) that are unique to the Sprinter so some additional modifications might be necessary to get this mod to work.

Unlike the Jeep Cherokee, the Sprinter is a 50 state emission compliant vehicle and has a more complex, dual Hall effect sensor design for actuator/linkage positioning feedback.

Doktor A

owner
01-27-2013, 10:20 PM
EGR is the root cause due to the introduction if soot. If you can delete EGR, then the swirl valves will probably be trouble free since they will be operating in a nice oil vapour bath.

Ace in the hole
01-28-2013, 03:47 PM
I would love to know why MB would not route exhaust from downstream of the dpf to the egr. At least that way you would not be forcing sooty air back into the engine.

johnshmit
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
I would love to know why MB would not route exhaust from downstream of the dpf to the egr. At least that way you would not be forcing sooty air back into the engine.

Turbocharger.

Ace in the hole
01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
what about the turbo? why does that effect where you tap off to feed the erg?

johnshmit
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
In order to flow input pressure has to be higher than output. The only place where pressure is higher than charge pressure is between exhoust manifold and turbine wheel.
If you feed from DPF, charge pressure will escape straight into exhoust pipe.

Ace in the hole
01-28-2013, 06:55 PM
I see what your saying now. Still, seems like there would be a better way to accomplish NOx reduction than feeding dirty air back into the motor.

johnshmit
01-28-2013, 07:00 PM
No doubt about that.

owner
01-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Mazda invented/bought a method of EGR that opens the exhaust valve for the first part of the inlet stroke, to suck back some EG. Obviously it requires an extra long cam lobe and a mechanical means of switching on and off. But would prevent soot clogging intakes.

Other than that there is simple water injection that reduces NOx, SOx and ROx drastically. I'm sure they are just working on ways to package and sell water as a maintenence item.

piper1
01-29-2013, 01:01 AM
CAT tried that in North America to meet the 2004/7 emissions, they called it ACERT, basically it is a form of the Miller cycle. It was a complete failure for on road engines in every sense of the word and is one of the reasons CAT no longer sells on-highway engines in the US and Canada. In 2007 I had 50 of them in a fleet I looked after. Drivers hated them, they all needed the actuators that popped open the exhaust valves replaced multiple times...and they got HORRENDOUS fuel mileage.

piper1
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
........ seems like there would be a better way to accomplish NOx reduction than feeding dirty air back into the motor.

There is..its called SCR (Bluetec). Bluetec engines inhale a lot less exhaust. Reading between the lines about the research of the next round of diesel engine oils....we may see EGR go away in favour of a total SCR based NOx control (you would use about double the DEF/Adblue you use now). To me...that is the answer, let the engine be an engine and clean it up after you made the most efficient power in the cylinders.

PLUMMER
01-30-2013, 08:51 AM
EGR flow and oily crankcase vapors as well as oil leaking from the turbo inlet seal onto the swirl valve actuator have all been discussed as causes to different kinds of swirl valve failure. In some cases, the actual valves get stuck due to soot/carbon deposits, in other cases, the swirl valve actuator quits working.

The Chrysler 300 guys over in the UK have figured out how to deal with swirl valve actuator failure by locking the swirl valves open on their OM642 equipped sedans. They have been using a resistor inserted in the swirl valve actuator harness connector to trick the ECU. This mod has also been successful on Jeep Grand Cherokee CRDs (also OM642 powered) and has saved many Jeep owners from expensive repairs. More info here... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/jeep-om642-crd-performance-mods-1411857/#post14099312

Since the Sprinter and Jeep share the same swirl valve actuator, it may be possible for this mod to also work on the Sprinter. As I understand it, there are some other differences in the swirl valve linkage (Hall sensors on the linkage) that are unique to the Sprinter so some additional modifications might be necessary to get this mod to work.

You cannot successfully trick the sprinter, its far more complex. It would be easier to eliminate the EGR than trick the swirl valves. It might get you out of the woods but its not permanent. Air flow and mass values and whatever else the sprinter monitors is all tied together. Not as simple as the jeep makes it sound.

owner
01-30-2013, 09:07 AM
PLUMMER is right. I had a play with a 2009 315CDI today and I can confirm for sure that CDI4 is using MAF, EGR Positioner, and Lambda sensors to check for EGR, it may even be using more but those were the ones that showed up in the test. Previously on CDI2 and 3 it would only look at MAF.

And just so we're clear, there is no point removing swirl valves until you have deleted EGR. The swirl valves help clear the EGR faster when you floor it, ie. less smoke in that one single use-case lol.

pnw sprinter
01-30-2013, 07:40 PM
All
I am trying to clean my EGR /swirl valve and have removed all the bolts. I have a NCV3/ 2007 sprinter. It wiggles slightly but doesn't pull off. Any Suggestions?
Thanks

johnshmit
01-30-2013, 07:47 PM
All
I am trying to clean my EGR /swirl valve and have removed all the bolts. I have a NCV3/ 2007 sprinter. It wiggles slightly but doesn't pull off. Any Suggestions?
Thanks

EGR is not a swirl valve.
Did you remove correct bolts?

!!You can damage it if you remove stepper motor bolts from the valve body!!

Should be 4 8mm reversed torx bolts

PLUMMER
01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
It's very close tolerances, and with soot you would swear you missed some bolts. Very carefully tap and work it out. Don't use anything but a nice dead blow or non metal tool to tap. It might take a lot of small taps but it will come.

jdcaples
01-30-2013, 10:33 PM
This might help...

-Jon

pnw sprinter
01-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Thanks to you all. I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully post pictures of the soot infested thing.

peekautomotive
01-31-2013, 12:13 PM
when swirl valves stick or fail does it set code for swirl vavles or some other codes

shanemac
01-31-2013, 01:03 PM
My genaric scanner read this:

P2004 intake manifold runner control stuck open

P2005 intake manifold runner control stuck open

P2015 intake manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit range performance

also my egr % was stuck at 5%

My buddies snap on code reader read the same codes my scanner did

abittenbinder
01-31-2013, 02:39 PM
when swirl valves stick or fail does it set code for swirl vavles or some other codes

The associated MBenz fault code as read by a factory diagnostic tool is:

2513-swirl port actuator positioner error.

If swirl valves are seized, this code will be set immediately upon vehicle start up and turbo shut off LHM will be activated.

This is a permanent LHM that will not respond to key shut off and reactivation. If erased it will return immediately until repair is completed.

Doktor A

GreenDiesel
01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
We developed a ECO tune for the Jeep GC that uses the 3.0l Merc engine. This tune eliminates EGR and the Swirl and clears the codes. We have ported the tune to Sprinters using the 3.0l engine. It is another option for those with swirl motor failures on the Sprinter rather than replacing components. GDE

pnw sprinter
02-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Using the persuader, some elbow and knuckle grease I was able to get the EGR out. It's black with soot. I might consider eliminating it if the price is right. Another route is to find out what made it fill up in the first place. A friend of mine with a dodge cummins turbo diesel says he needs to replace that about every 30k.

jsrmonster
02-01-2013, 02:36 PM
We developed a ECO tune for the Jeep GC that uses the 3.0l Merc engine. This tune eliminates EGR and the Swirl and clears the codes. We have ported the tune to Sprinters using the 3.0l engine. It is another option for those with swirl motor failures on the Sprinter rather than replacing components. GDE

Don't forget to turn off the ASV egr function too or it will still cycle and block airflow if only egr is defeated. ;-))

I suggest all egr delete tunes should also include ASV-egr-cycle off and intake-flap duty cycle off. Too often I get a unhappy customer with competitors tune that still has these flaps cycling away and causing bad hesitation, and killing fuel economy. This goes for all tdi's, crd's, and MB's.

Jeff ;-))

Graphite Dave
02-01-2013, 03:00 PM
jsrmonster: Where are you located? What is business name and contact information?

jsrmonster
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
jsrmonster: Where are you located? What is business name and contact information?

fyi - sorry, I only work on off-road and conversion (MB) projects for shops, not public. not selling anything here, just giving info.

Jeff

jdcaples
02-01-2013, 07:46 PM
fyi - sorry, I only work on off-road and conversion (MB) projects for shops, not public. not selling anything here, just giving info.
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I totally respect that you're not selling anything here.

Regardless, we're a bunch of passionate folks, that dig for info.

I noticed you signed a posting back in November of 2012 in the For Sale section

<snip>
Jeff
RocketChip Performance Tuning

So forum members could contact Rocket Chip Performance Tuning (http://www.rocketchip.com/) and talk about Rocket Chip Performance Tuning's MB tuning services (http://jsrmonster1.globat.com/mercedes_tuning.php)... the worst they could do is just hang up on us, right?

-Jon

jsrmonster
02-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Hey, no problem.

I recently got a customers MB van for a couple of months and juiced it up, thru exhaust, etc, and man I love that v6. Great fuel economy, nice rumble, and quick too. I'll probably get it in the summer for some more power mods. I will do the rod-bending R&D on my own van first.

I've also done a bunch of stuff to my vmotori CRD and concluded its like hopping up a lawnmower. However I drive it everyday when it snows instead of my cummins. Don't want to get that all salted up.

GDE is the man with the MB goods, I am just here to learn like you. I'm picking up a couple of salvage vans from sandy storm, and look forward to the challange of getting them running so I can transplant them (sans extra useless weight of unnecessary fuel wasting components).

I'd love to see the v6 cdi in a 4wd project, rail or rally car, or even a boat.

Jeff

Ace in the hole
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I would love to drop one of these motors, less all the emmission junk, into a 47 Chevy pick up. That would be a fun project. I love to fab things up and make stuff work. I did a 70 Chevy 4x4 from the ground up, lots of fun.

jdcaples
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
<snip>
I'd love to see the v6 cdi in a 4wd project, rail or rally car, or even a boat.

Jeff

Come out to the Pacific Northwest SprinterFEST this Spring. John Bendit built an NCV3 4x4. It's pretty cool.

http://sprinterstore.com/sprinter_store.htm

i mean

http://sprinterstore.com/sprinter_4x4.htm

-Jon

GreenDiesel
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Don't forget to turn off the ASV egr function too or it will still cycle and block airflow if only egr is defeated. ;-))

I suggest all egr delete tunes should also include ASV-egr-cycle off and intake-flap duty cycle off. Too often I get a unhappy customer with competitors tune that still has these flaps cycling away and causing bad hesitation, and killing fuel economy. This goes for all tdi's, crd's, and MB's.

Jeff ;-))

Definitely agree there. We also shut off the intake throttle, swirl ports, et al. The EGR systems tend to clog on many newer diesels due to higher levels of hydrocarbon mixing with soot in EGR coolers, condensation can also be an issue if the EGR system does not have a cooler by-pass for certain operation conditions. Once EGR makes it way back into the intake manifold it mixes with the fresh air stream. The problem is CCV gases in the fresh air have oil particles that also like to combine with soot to create the sludge and soot buildup in manifold over time. These EGR systems only have to make it 100,000 miles to be approved by the EPA on just a couple test vehicles during development (called a deterioration fleet). There is enough variability in production and operating conditions that many engines will have issues before 100k.

It would be interesting to know the drive cycles of folks that have EGR system issues. I think lighter loads would tend to have more issues than engine running heavier loads. Higher operating temps tend to keep hardware cleaner.

ATDSTP
02-02-2013, 05:26 PM
The associated MBenz fault code as read by a factory diagnostic tool is:

2513-swirl port actuator positioner error.

If swirl valves are seized, this code will be set immediately upon vehicle start up and turbo shut off LHM will be activated.

This is a permanent LHM that will not respond to key shut off and reactivation. If erased it will return immediately until repair is completed.

Doktor A

Doktor
Because I was able to manually shift the tranny to get up to speed I suspect that maybe my swirl valves weren't completely seized yet or they were seized partially open. Does this make sense since I never experienced a full on LHM at any time? The truck runs like new again, thanks to you and everyone else for all the great info shared on this subject. :professor:

abittenbinder
02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Doktor
Because I was able to manually shift the tranny to get up to speed I suspect that maybe my swirl valves weren't completely seized yet or they were seized partially open. Does this make sense since I never experienced a full on LHM at any time? The truck runs like new again, thanks to you and everyone else for all the great info shared on this subject. :professor:

Full span movement of the swirl valves is the important operating parameter here, not in what position they may be seized, otherwise turbo shut-off LHM is activated.

It is difficult to determine if you are in turbo-shut off LHM if you drive on level roads.

A Sprinter owner in Kansas, w/tail wind, may not feel the difference.

An easy check for turbo shut-off LHM (in your case due to swirl valves), is to remove the air cleaner housing (leave the 2 electrical connectors connected), then remove the plastic engine cover (easy to do- several 90 degree turn clips), re-connect the flexible air cleaner air hose (if removed) and put air cleaner back roughly in position..

The turbo's upper linkage is now fully revealed.

Note the position of the turbo's vane control bell crank (lever). With ign off, it points to roughly 2:00 position. Turn on ign, bellcrank should immediately move down to the approx. 5:00 position.

Start engine (again, be sure air cleaner plastic hose and the 2 elec. connectors are in place) and let it idle.

At idle speed, if bell crank moves to the ign. off (2:00 position) within a few seconds, you are in LHM.

With engine idling, the bellcrank of a normally running engine should remain at the 5:00 position.

This test is also useful for confirming LHM due to ANY other faults which trigger LHM immediately when engine is started (In other words, LHM that does not respond and reset due to a simple ign key reset. LHM that requires a driving cycle to reveal will typically reset with a ig. key shut off/turn on).

Doktor A

pnw sprinter
02-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Swirl valves/ EGR NIGHTMARES

Update all. I cleaned and installed my EGR with a new new gasket and no leaks. Yeah!!! However very little turbo on the test <3lbs boost. I broke down and brought it to the Dodge dealer. After 1 day a new EGR valve and lower turbo hose, $1200 later it is running with full turbo.

I had a long talk with the mechanic who is a great diesel guru. He states that MBUSA redesigned the EGR valve. States that there was a design flaw when the engine heats up it could stick open or closed, tricking that their is a problem and therefore the low boost pressure. I asked him about buying the EGR delete software,.....just as my friend with a Dodge pickup did. He didn't advise of it. He states that the pickup(cummins diesel) is completely distinct system unlike the NCV3 diesel. After $1200 spent on the fix I am really risk averse in buying some software to fix this for good. However I am still all ears and haven't given up on the notion of trying it. Would love to hear from someone with a RV sprinter that has.

dubyajayes
02-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Would adding Marvel Mystery Oil to the fuel every 1000 miles or so make any difference? We used Marvel in the past in diesels and gas engines. How about any other additives?

b1xcra35
04-07-2015, 02:31 AM
I found this thread while looking for information on the operation and servicing of the Intake Port Shutoff actuator and associated left and right intake manifold open/closed sensors.

Now I thought that the Swirl Intake ports on each cylinder were always open, while the main Charge Intake Ports were closed off by the Intake Port Shutoff Flaps at idle. And that these flaps were then progressively opened by the Intake Port Shutoff Motor in response to the need for greater air mass as the van is accelerated. At this point I am a bit confused, maybe by posters using the same term for different things on this confounding subject. Can someone out there help clear this up?

MacAlan, with 2010 OM642

kendall69
04-07-2015, 06:16 AM
When my swirl valve went out the mechanic said it melted? Yes it was $2K to fix. I know I'm getting old because I remember you could buy a crate engine for 1K. I swear mechanics are making more money than medical doctors now a days.
My doc says he only gets $15.00 per patient per visit from insurance.

lindenengineering
04-07-2015, 01:17 PM
I found this thread while looking for information on the operation and servicing of the Intake Port Shutoff actuator and associated left and right intake manifold open/closed sensors.

Now I thought that the Swirl Intake ports on each cylinder were always open, while the main Charge Intake Ports were closed off by the Intake Port Shutoff Flaps at idle. And that these flaps were then progressively opened by the Intake Port Shutoff Motor in response to the need for greater air mass as the van is accelerated. At this point I am a bit confused, maybe by posters using the same term for different things on this confounding subject. Can someone out there help clear this up?

MacAlan, with 2010 OM642

For info
The swirl valve closes at idle and low engine rpm. This feature is to improve or increase gas velocity which in turn promotes increased mixing of the injected fuel into the air charge and improved combustion efficiency.
As engine speed increases the valves progressively open as they are in fact an impediment to air flow ( gas velocity) as the engine speed increases and obviously cause a restriction with loss of engine power and throttle response.
Dennis

lindenengineering
04-07-2015, 01:52 PM
When my swirl valve went out the mechanic said it melted? Yes it was $2K to fix. I know I'm getting old because I remember you could buy a crate engine for 1K. I swear mechanics are making more money than medical doctors now a days.
My doc says he only gets $15.00 per patient per visit from insurance.

In the UK where BMW have managed for about thirty years to convince my fellow naturally suspicious countrymen that they (BMW) are wonderful!
In my appreciation a fancy Triumph--maybe lipstick on a pig using an American expression!

Tainting that rose coloured glasses image came a disastrous diesel engine service swirl valve problems with many having experienced (read often in most cases) of swirl valve ingestion onto the pistons ultimately because of outrageous repair destined the vehicle to the scrap yard.

From about 2004 BMW started phasing out swirl valve features on their diesel engines.
Enterprising Brits not accepting poor product support and no warranty postures have devised blank off & elimination conversions which have improved the operation of the intake system with no swirl valves and incidentally show no emissions detrimental results at annual test times .
At present I am of the opinion that it should be physically eliminated on the Sprinter in some cases! In nay argument a case a strong can be made for the use of Fiat's Multi Aire design to get rid of all that huffing n puffing 19th century design hardware We do after all live in the electrically influences 21st century German auto industry gurus.

Her again is Fiat's Multiare which I posted recently.
Found of course on Fiat 1.4's and Dodge Darts.
Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK3CLMr8qwg

Todd.Niles
09-21-2015, 07:03 PM
2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500, turbo 6, 112,000 miles

P2015 usually means stuck swirl valves, not fuel rail pressure. This is a common problem on Sprinters that sit for days or weeks between driving.

Fixed stuck swirl valves by injecting 90%diesel/10%Sea Foam Detergent into turbo intake, while driving. Inject through a squirt bottle (on dash board), fuel hose run through the firewall, and needle valve (normally for inflating basketballs) into black air intake hose just before the turbo. Punch a small hole with a nail and push in the needle, then secure it permanently. Squirt about one table spoon every five miles while driving for six weeks.

In the mean time, manually un-jam the swirl valve's by grabbing the linkage with a long metal hook, gently rocking free. Use a common wood paint stirring stick to lever push the linkage also. You'll need a bright flashlight to see. Manually exercise the valves full through, then insert key and start engine. (You may have to warm the engine first to loosen the sludge in the intake manifolds before the manual unjamming.) Van will run in normal mode (not limp mode) and after a few days, the check engine light will shut off. YOU WILL HAVE TO MANUALLY UN-JAM THE SWIRL VALVES A FEW TIMES BEFORE THE DIESEL/SEA FOAM SOLUTION BEGINS TO WORK. Then it is just an occasional squirt every 100 -300 miles or so the rest of the life of the van. THERE IS NO NEED TO REPLACE YOUR INTAKE MANIFOLDS. Dodge diesel mechanic says this will not do any damage to your Sprinter. It worked on my Sprinter.

Todd from Wisconsin, USA

showkey
09-21-2015, 10:17 PM
Hey Todd.........we got the message...:bash::bash::bash:

Give it a rest:shhh::shhh::shhh: ..........and let's see if anyone else can confirm your fix, without any collateral damage.

:popcorn::popcorn:

jackpinesavag
09-22-2015, 04:16 AM
I just installed the GDE tune on my 08 2500. Posted another response in my thread. After two weeks of really slow response in lhm, my first reaction was a simple 'wow'. I am still impressed with the overall increase in power and torque. Fuel usage hasn't changed. That could be my heavy foot now that the engine responds to a heavier acceleration.
I was getting 2015 bank 1 position sensor out of range as the error message on my old innova generic reader.

turbo.isaac
10-01-2015, 02:09 AM
Has anyone cut the flaps off the pintles? Leaving all linkage and hall effect in place to satisfy ecu. I have one apart now that we are going to try this on to see if it works. I have high hopes for it.

This sprinter sees ~1,100 mi/wk. and fleet owner has agreed to experiment with it as to stay EPA compliant. He owns 6 OM642's and 4 of them coming up for oil coolers seals. While we have these out clean intake manifolds and EGR coolers (clean with hot simple green). We are seeing the swirl valves start to stick (not seize) somewhere between 200~300k mi. due to carbon accumulation.

Sprinter SS
10-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Not a bad idea....

That would moly leave the modulator motor to go bad.

Mike454
10-08-2015, 02:56 AM
Anyone else tried the GDE tune to eliminate the swirl valve code?
I have an 07 with 450,000 and its on its 2nd intake and stuck again on the passenger side.
this time it only took 55,000mi for it to stick.
the dealer put new intakes on it at 395,000,and here we are again.
I'm fairly confident I can clean it with the BG 249.....but it sure would b nice to do away with this whole swirl valve system once and for all.

Rob S
10-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Absolutely, works for me, no more codes now for last 10k. Only 101k on mine so far. Nearly 10% better mileage, runs great.

EGR and Swirl are both turned off, so you do get higher NOX emissions but lower soot.

Only caveat I know of is, it won't work if for some most unusual reason, your valve is stuck closed.

smiller
10-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Monitoring live data on my GDE-tuned 2007 it appears that swirl valve operation is not turned off and the EKAS system seems to be operating normally. But from what I read fault codes are indeed suppressed.

Charlie
10-08-2015, 06:31 PM
I had a damaged swirl valve linkage bar that left the valve on cylinder 1 closed. It also prevented the bar from moving, which caused an EKAS code for bank 1. That in turn caused limp mode.

I disconnected the linkages from the swirl motor to the valves and wired the valves in the open position, which means the EKAS sensors always register the valves as open. Normally, that would produce an EKAS code whenever the ECU tried to close the valves.

With the GDE tune, the codes are gone, in spite of inoperative EKAS sensors. This confirms that the codes really are suppressed. Most GDE users can't tell, since once they unstick the valves, the EKAS sensors work normally and the valves tend to stay unstuck due to a lack of additional crap clogging them.

I was told by GDE that the swirl motor must still be present. I found on a Jeep forum that a 4.7K resistor will fool the ECU into thinking there is a swirl motor. Have not tried it since my motor is OK. The resistor will most likely be cheaper and more reliable than the motor.

GDE also said that even with the tune, closed swirl valves will cause power loss and poor fuel economy due to lack of air.

They also mentioned that the swirl valves are still used during DPF regen, but that having them always open during regen would be OK.

smiller
10-08-2015, 06:38 PM
I was told by GDE that the swirl motor must still be present. I found on a Jeep forum that a 4.7K resistor will fool the ECU into thinking there is a swirl motor. Have not tried it since my motor is OK. The resistor will most likely be cheaper and more reliable than the motor.
So then it seems like if you really didn't want the swirl valves to be operating at all you could disconnect the actuator and substitute the resistor. That would satisfy the ECU that the actuator is present and the GDE tune would suppress any codes related to the valves not moving.

Probably no reason to do this though as without EGR to gum up the valves it is probably much less likely you would ever have a problem with them.

Todd.Niles
03-16-2016, 05:37 PM
2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500, turbo 6, 114000 miles

9 Month update on the 90%Diesel 10%Sea Foam Detergent ($6 per bottle at auto parts store)

My swirl valves are still working perfectly. There has been no damage to my Sprinter. I inject once per month, about two tablespoons. Recommended procedure: Drive the Sprinter to full warm, inject the 90% 10% just before shut off while gently revving the engine. Then, wait and hour. Start and drive the Sprinter again to suck out and burn off all of the freshly melted carbon oil sludge. This also allows the 90% 10% to migrate down into the pivots below the butterfly swirl valves, where the sticking jams the valves.

Note: If I go three months without injecting, my swirl valves will start jamming again.

(Yes, I understand that this will not fix loose linkage or a weak actuator motor.)

Again, there is no need to replace your intake manifolds if you have sludge jamming.

Todd From Wisconsin

SprinterHelp
03-18-2016, 06:29 AM
Had similar lhm, passenger swirls were stuck, removed actuator, checked connections all good unstuck. Replaced actuator, it was dead, got new one and replaced, problem and codes solved, no more sticking. Actuator took two hours on second attempt while experimenting procedure. Now have egr seal leak/broken bolt to deal with behind turbo.

zoatman
03-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Is it worth attempting to clean up the manifolds or are we better off buying new ones ?

showkey
03-28-2016, 09:42 PM
Is it worth attempting to clean up the manifolds or are we better off buying new ones ?

Depends on what actually is causing the problem. ( which parts are bad)
Depends if the "fix or clean" is long lasting.
Depends if the fix clean might cause other problems. (The fluid and crap are going through the engine).
Depends if you can tolerate the problem coming back maybe a the worst possible time.
Depends on your budget and if your truck is under emissions warranty. Warranty coverage makes it a no brainer.
Depends on your mechanical skill level.
Depends if you trust the dealer or your guy to take on a big expensive job.
Depends on .....................fill in the blank

From your other post on $$$$$ emissions repair you do not have much to lose. But sounds or looks like there might be several problems with your truck........or..........it might be misdiagnosed. ( which happens a lot with limp and emissions issues)

lindenengineering
03-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Depends on what actually is causing the problem. ( which parts are bad)
Depends if the "fix or clean" is long lasting.
Depends if the fix clean might cause other problems. (The fluid and crap are going through the engine).
Depends if you can tolerate the problem coming back maybe a the worst possible time.
Depends on your budget and if your truck is under emissions warranty. Warranty coverage makes it a no brainer.
Depends on your mechanical skill level.
Depends if you trust the dealer or your guy to take on a big expensive job.
Depends on .....................fill in the blank

From your other post on $$$$$ emissions repair you do not have much to lose. But sounds or looks like there might be several problems with your truck........or..........it might be misdiagnosed. ( which happens a lot with limp and emissions issues)

Showkey
You forgot one mate!
The plastic linkage under the manifolding!
At about 200 K plus enough heat from the turbo has attacked the linkage enough to wallow out the drivers side set "PAR TICK YOU LARLY"!:rolleyes:
This causes the set to wander around wildly and collect carbon deposits.
Once they get like that they are a toss in the bin job!
Budget about $1500 for a pair retail!
I see someone writing on another thread "I am on a tight budget" !
There can be no tight budgets on this type of work! Else you will be doing it again "soon"!
Dennis

zoatman
04-01-2016, 04:32 AM
The report was that the internal linkage was seized on both intakes. Judging by the parts list they threw at me I'm guessing they just want to replace entire emissions system. Both intakes, EGR, DPF, Both nox sensors, add blue tank heater and injector, being the major items.

lindenengineering
04-01-2016, 05:07 AM
The report was that the internal linkage was seized on both intakes. Judging by the parts list they threw at me I'm guessing they just want to replace entire emissions system. Both intakes, EGR, DPF, Both nox sensors, add blue tank heater and injector, being the major items.

OK myth bustin" based upon your testimony.
The intake manifolds are $750 a side with the swirl valve actuator, add about $200 in gaskets and say 16 hours of labor to clean out and fit the parts so far we have spent $3500. Add another $250 for a new oil cooler and seals just for good measure.
Now since its half busted down pull out the EGR cooler and clean it by soaking in a de-coke tank !
Add 4 hours to the bottom line say $500 labor and $40 for gaskets. So now we are at say $4250.
So now add an oil change, filter fuel filter plus coolant sundries now you are at $4700.

A def tank complete is $1777, a pump is $350 and labor is say $300 now you are at $6700.
Add a new exhaust system / cat $3000 plus 2 off NOx sensors add $4000 now you have spent $10,700.
With all that that stated I have a tough time thinking it need all that lot. Engine manifolds and EGR cooler yes. That by tests and performance on the the engine when running properly.
Dennis

SprinterHelp
09-14-2016, 02:42 AM
2006 SCH sounds very good about now.

SprinterHelp
09-14-2016, 02:47 AM
Todd helped me before with the swirl problems. Since then I am glad to say I got actuator switch out once I am down to the actuator to 40 minutes.
No turbo or pipe, or trans drop. Just remove filter, turbo exit tube and items blocking the actuator. The trick is getting the connectors back into place in the right order..etc.
I see Sprinters as the Himalayas of repairing. One screw up and its all over... why cant we have a full onboard diagnostics like cadillacs...huh

Todd.Niles
11-23-2016, 03:55 PM
2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500, 117,000 miles, diesel turbo 6 cylinder

It has now been a year and a half of injecting 90% diesel 10% Sea Foam detergent ($6 per bottle) into my 2008 Dodge Sprinter. Please see my 9-21-2015 and 3-16-2016 posts. The swirl valves have not jammed since.

There has been no damage to my Sprinter using this injection method. I inject once per month, about one tablespoon.

I think all sprinter owners should inject "Sea Foam" detergent into the mouth of the turbo, about once per month. My van is running like new and the fuel economy is great. The 90-10 injections help keep the intake manifolds clean and will keep the swirl valves from carbon sludge jamming.

To all of you who only drive your sprinters about once per week or so, this is a must do procedure. You will likely develop the carbon sludge jammed swirl valve problem over the years. It is expensive to replace those intake manifolds. Avoid this repair.

Todd from Wisconsin

kendall69
11-24-2016, 09:23 PM
My method for keeping things clean with the least hassle is I get the fuel in the tank below 1/4 of a tank and drop in TWO CANS of BG 244 and run the vehicle hard and hot, lower gears higher RPMs, until i'm almost out of fuel. This way I'm running a hot load of fuel cleaner through the system. I'll also do this before a long trip, so I'm at freeway speeds for a long period. I can tell the difference after the hot load is run through the system.

lindenengineering
11-24-2016, 09:33 PM
Seafoam is good stuff but very old spec formulation.
BG 244 & 245 is the top flight stuff and on par with Luiqimoly 2005.
Both brands are very good.
Dennis

smiller
11-24-2016, 10:26 PM
My method for keeping things clean with the least hassle is I get the fuel in the tank below 1/4 of a tank and drop in TWO CANS of BG 244 and run the vehicle hard and hot, lower gears higher RPMs, until i'm almost out of fuel. This way I'm running a hot load of fuel cleaner through the system. I'll also do this before a long trip, so I'm at freeway speeds for a long period. I can tell the difference after the hot load is run through the system.
That may be good for keeping the fuel delivery system clean but it isn't going to do anything for the intake manifold or swirl valves.

Sprinter SS
11-27-2016, 11:07 PM
Seafoam is good stuff but very old spec formulation.
BG 244 & 245 is the top flight stuff and on par with Luiqimoly 2005.
Both brands are very good.
Dennis

I have used the LiquiMoly 2005 for a few years on my E300d with amazing results. I am not sure what kind of solvent that is but it is tough! On my E300d i can route the Injection Pump supply and return through a big bottle and run a whole can of the LiquiMoly diesel purge through it. On the old mechanical injectors it does wonders. I cant help but think it would do the same on a CDI system engine. Not sure how you would run it directly on the Diesel purge on a high pressure system but on my OM642 I just fill the fuel filter which gets you some concentrate, some is returned back to tank.

Todd.Niles
11-30-2016, 04:34 PM
That may be good for keeping the fuel delivery system clean but it isn't going to do anything for the intake manifold or swirl valves.

Smiller, your correct. You need to get the carbon breaking detergent into the intake manifolds. Sea Foam detergent works, with the turbo injection method. It's cheap and sold just about everywhere. (Note: Don't inject and then wait days to restart the engine. You will surely then have jammed swirl valves!) Todd from Wisconsin

SprinterHelp
12-25-2016, 10:49 PM

My scanguage can show p2007 something like stuck rail..swirl arms.

SprinterHelp
12-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Doktor

Against most advice I spray pure seafoam jnto turbo intake hose. When warm before shutdown I raise rpm to about 1500 and spray ten shots out of a windex bottle and shut down. Sometimes at idle 20 shots, most accumulates into intake snorkel and before shutting down I give it a good rev. You do need to spray gently and give it time to traverse the system to get to the valves. This 100% sea foam seems to work better than seafoam diesel mix I discovered. Reguardless depending on use every tank I spray and they never stick, miss one or two and valves get sluggish. This versus intake removal, turbo ect. I got swirl actuator replacement diwn to under an hour with practice. Now have dreaded oil cooler leak. Dont know if this can be shortcutted, but if it can I will.:tongue:

SprinterHelp
12-25-2016, 11:15 PM
Hey Todd.........we got the message...:bash::bash::bash:

Give it a rest:shhh::shhh::shhh: ..........and let's see if anyone else can confirm your fix, without any collateral damage.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Hey it works but I just spray into intake snorkel every 500, if I skip two fill ups it can make vswirls sluggish. Todd enticed me into attacking this problem and I can replace a swirl actuator in less than an hour once preop tools are prepared. :thumbup:

SprinterHelp
12-25-2016, 11:19 PM
I had a damaged swirl valve linkage bar that left the valve on cylinder 1 closed. It also prevented the bar from moving, which caused an EKAS code for bank 1. That in turn caused limp mode.

I disconnected the linkages from the swirl motor to the valves and wired the valves in the open position, which means the EKAS sensors always register the valves as open. Normally, that would produce an EKAS code whenever the ECU tried to close the valves.

With the GDE tune, the codes are gone, in spite of inoperative EKAS sensors. This confirms that the codes really are suppressed. Most GDE users can't tell, since once they unstick the valves, the EKAS sensors work normally and the valves tend to stay unstuck due to a lack of additional crap clogging them.

GDE also said that even with the tune, closed swirl valves will cause power loss and poor fuel economy due to lack of air.

They also mentioned that the swirl valves are still used during DPF regen, but that having them always open during regen would be OK.

Tried resistor on 2007 sprinter, did not work

peaches
02-04-2017, 10:03 PM
I just mine done yesterday at the local MB dealer , this forum helped me so much in knowing what to expect I have 142k on my 2013 sprinter , it took from 7:45 am to 6:30 pm with a 30min lunch break had the oil cooler replaced while we had everything removed unfortunately the dealer didn't have any glow plugs in stock here is
a pic https://cvws.icloud-content.com/CAEQARoQEFmr28S9n8_5CIS6D3ANCg/01035d64b1c43798cb68711c5fc34a33bade499549/IMG_4752.jpg?v=0&z=https://p34-content.icloud.com:443&x=1&a=BrSRhPW7dFKm9QOBoQ4qCoRfyWO0A3v0OAEAAA%3D%3D&e=1486260151000&r=6b41f1bc-debb-4bb4-bd21-4f4eaa284f02-2&c=&s=b0ujngocwSw8T90B6Tb_2Ixzhqs
https://cvws.icloud-content.com/CAEQARoQEFmr28S9n8_5CIS6D3ANCg/011506262b62c36df76ae6346d7b428d70a7662435/IMG_4753.JPG?v=0&z=https://p34-content.icloud.com:443&x=1&a=Bu2HRlOrE7N4ImBsIVgzwhyW%2BwaeA3v0OAEAAA%3D%3D&e=1486260152000&r=93120e34-9821-4551-932d-8e036c60e3ce-1&c=&s=-js11O7nLs9V7AYrLJoSUORTbd8

Dr. Soot
02-04-2017, 10:34 PM
I maintain a fleet of the 3.0s been seeing the same problems. But not because there completely stopped up and stuck, but because the linkage is wearing out on one side. I talked my higher ups into purchasing the intake cleaner from BG to prevent the sticking issue. It works to! Really needs to be done every 40 to 60k miles. I've got the intake jobs down to 6.5 to 7 hrs now without pulling engine or tranny. Better replace your oil cooler gaskets while your there. Check out my videos about intakes on you tube. Love the emission regs choking down diesels!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

towardawn
09-03-2017, 10:24 PM
2012 MB Sprinter 2500 Model 906 Engine 642.???
I was hoping someone could help me out on my Sprinter. I bought this vehicle 4 weeks ago, in the Philadelphia area, it has only 11,000 miles but is 5 years old. It runs really well except now the engine light is on and it’s in limb home mode. I bought TOAD diagnostic USB to my surface pro and I get the follow code faults: STORED P0402, P2004, P200A , P2005. With descriptions “Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Excessive Detected”, “Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open”, “Manufacture Defined”, “Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open”, respectively.
Might this mean the manifold is clogged or the sensor is faulty? I am really lost.
Any help would be greatly apricated. Thanks.

chsu74
10-08-2017, 08:49 PM
My scanguage can show p2007 something like stuck rail..swirl arms.

Long time reader. First time poster. Also got picked up P2007 code as well on a 09 GL320 Bluetec. It could also be broken plastic clips that attaches the swirl arms to the plastic runner on the manifold.

This is my wife's truck for the past 6-7 years and admit that we idle more than we should. I don't want to get in there to find out worn plastic runners actuating flaps and keep her truck off the road longer.

Have been reading up on intake manifold replacement. Come to find that most places only sell the left bank and not the right. Why is that?

chsu74
10-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Just as a follow up and want to share this find since an european independent non plastic solution is provided for gasoline intake manifolds.

Usual not affiliated yada yada.

Intake Manifold Runner Connecting Rod - Mercedes Diesel 3.0L V6 https://www.ebay.com/i/282671876323

In trading email with the seller, it seems that the intake runners are different in the bluetech motors as there are different generations of them. Not sure if Mercedes have new designs to fix this issue but I believe the runners are still plastic..

Todd.Niles
10-22-2017, 03:37 PM
2008 Dodge Sprinter, swirl valve jamming update. Sea foam solution I talked about in prior posts is only a temporary solution. The swirl valves will eventually start jamming again.

I had to spend the $4500 and have the intake manifolds replaced. My sprinter is running great now.

WARNING: The sprinter mechanic told me that the previous owners of my sprinter idled the engine a lot. This was the cause of my jamming swirl valves. DON'T IDLE YOUR ENGINE! Just drive your sprinter. Normal driving does not hurt the swirl valves.

Todd from Wisconsin.

showkey
10-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Normal driving does not hurt the swirl valves.

Todd from Wisconsin.

Swirl valve issue and other EGR parts like the valve and cooler can will clog over time and mileage. There are many variables in EGR problems and personal experiences will vary widely. I never idle and had my first EGR problem with less than 15K.

EGR issues are a nature of the beast..........EGR issues are NOT just Sprinter issue and all manufacture have some EGR issues. Even gasoline engines have EGR issues that go back to the '70s.....that include valve stick clogging and EGR passage blocking..........causing driveability concerns.

sleeper bird
10-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Just as a follow up and want to share this find since an european independent non plastic solution is provided for gasoline intake manifolds.

Usual not affiliated yada yada.

Intake Manifold Runner Connecting Rod - Mercedes Diesel 3.0L V6 https://www.ebay.com/i/282671876323

In trading email with the seller, it seems that the intake runners are different in the bluetech motors as there are different generations of them. Not sure if Mercedes have new designs to fix this issue but I believe the runners are still plastic..

Thats a good idea he has there

smiller
10-22-2017, 04:47 PM
There is only one sure way to prevent EGR and swirl valve issues, but unfortunately it only applies to the 2007 through early 2009 model years.

SeattleMatt
10-30-2018, 06:07 PM
There is only one sure way to prevent EGR and swirl valve issues, but unfortunately it only applies to the 2007 through early 2009 model years.

removal and GDE tune?

smiller
10-30-2018, 06:10 PM
removal and GDE tune?

GDE tune, yes. But hardware removal is not required, the tune can be both installed or completely removed from the driver's seat.

lindenengineering
10-30-2018, 06:14 PM
Unless of course the linkage is busted.
Then the EKAS will run wild doing the flapper dance irrespective of what tune it has.
Beware fudgers all.
Dennis

smiller
10-30-2018, 06:29 PM
Yes, obviously unless something is broken or damaged.

hippy
12-03-2018, 08:33 PM
I need a file checking , to see if I successfully deleted these swirl flaps and the associated DTCs.
If I send the original and the modified anyone up for having a look to make sure I'vee done it?