Drivers Door Jammed.

Dellios

Hello there,

I recently purchased a 2003 Sprinter truck for work.

It's a fairly good buy except for one thing..... the front door doesn't open from the outside. I was thinking of consulting with a locksmith, unless of course if anyone has some other suggestions?

I put the key in, turn and.... nothing. It seems to be jammed or something. I've been on ebay looking for parts. What should I do? Somehow find another part? Consult a locksmith? Can anyone help?

MillionMileSprinter

Millionmilesprinter.com
I would open the door from the inside, take the pannel off and see what mechanism isn't connected or is broken in there. It's probably something simple. I'll bet there's even some photos that could guide you here on the forum. Just use the search function.
Good luck.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
Squirt WD40 in the keyhole.

But cant you just use the remote to unlock?

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
He has a truck no remote its cable driven the fault lays behind the lock between the inner door pull release mechanism to the inside of the outer door lock.
The door panel will have to come off.

1cylshort

...of a full Cummins.
Take the inside panel off. Hardest part is getting the window crank off. There's instructions around here somewhere.

The door mechanism on these things is underwhelming, it should be easy to see what's going on in there.

sailquik

Dellios,
Are you in the USA?
If so, where did the electronic lock key for your 2003 Sprinter go?
Might find that with the electronic "clicker" the door onlocks and open.
Roger

Top Bottom